Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: can't cue straight

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    all snooker players whove crossed over to pool have compromised their technique to adapt to the conditions
    +10 to this !!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kflps View Post
    i would never try to imitate the style of efren reyes.the only thing similar is that he's a foot-in line player like you said but his up & down stroke & his super-loose grip would never work with me.the problem isn't that i use a snookerish style to play pool,it is my wrist twisting.if i solved that problem i don't think i would have any problem whatsoever using the snooker technique in pool.today i was playing in a 9 ball tournament and i won the 1st match but the wrist was killing me in the second match but i managed to win 9-8.but when i missed some easy shots in that match i knew straight away that it was the wrist,i was feeling it in my back hand.i have to cure this problem if i want to improve in pool or snooker otherwise i might as well stop playing & wasting my time..
    Gotcha and no coach would ever recommend a see-saw cue action but that comes from his bridge a lot, loop bridge and how low he doesn't go, no chin on cue for this fella. However, he's foot in line which proves that snooker tips do work for potting in general. The lady in the video posted earlier is ankle on shot, toes pointing out to the right, all wrong! She makes it work, but loses cue power IMO from this stance. And her cue action doesn't look dead straight or reliable. Yes, I am saying that power and accuracy comes from alignment. Most Americans haven't got a clue.
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 1st August 2015 at 10:06 AM.

vCash

hi guys,it's been a while since i posted this thread,the last few months i've worked really hard on my cue action,i have taken all the advice here and i think i finally fixed the cue going offline,i think my problem was that my back arm was a bit too far back and not vertical in the address position and i wasn't unfurling my fingers which both caused a bit of tension in my upper arm and the cue going a bit up and down and not parallel with the table.but i'm not sure if i've fixed it yet so i've posted a video cueing on the kitchen table,is this a straight cue action?i'm not using the chest as a guide in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KY9...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by kflps; 31st May 2018 at 02:09 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14