Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could give just one piece of advice....

This is dcrackers147's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Snooker is only difficult if you want it to be, listen to good advice preferably a decent player down the club and practice until your hands go numb
    not sure I agree with that I have made too many 100 plus breaks to count and feel like I cant hold a cue at times. Practice will help to a degree however to really improve you need to practice the right things.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    not sure I agree with that I have made too many 100 plus breaks to count and feel like I cant hold a cue at times. Practice will help to a degree however to really improve you need to practice the right things.
    If you make lots of 100's but don't feel like you can hold your cue at times, what are you concentrating on when making your centuries? Is it just when you get in the zone and cant miss or are you concentrating on particular things?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wootton05 View Post
    If you make lots of 100's but don't feel like you can hold your cue at times, what are you concentrating on when making your centuries? Is it just when you get in the zone and cant miss or are you concentrating on particular things?
    All I am thinking about when playing well is if I want to be high or low on the next ball the pot is a given and I know my technique as have been playing match snooker since I was 11. What I mean by sometimes I don’t feel like I can hold a cue is if playing a match against a really top class opponent who freezes you out for 2-3 frames scores heavy every chance they get and puts you under a lot of pressure. That’s when you really see where your games at and find out how hard the game can be. That Is when I think about stillness conviction etc. as mentioned above it's my little go to formula.

This is shafter's Country Flag

vCash

So basically the answer we have is that the single most important thing in snooker is to drink 3 Pints.... hmm there you go kids
    Your round next! mines a becks lol

This is Leo's Country Flag

vCash

Same here but I wouldn't of got those breaks if wouldn't of spent hours and hours practicing, but yes you have to get the fundamental things right

vCash

All I am thinking about when playing well is if I want to be high or low on the next ball the pot is a given and I know my technique as have been playing match snooker since I was 11. What I mean by sometimes I don’t feel like I can hold a cue is if playing a match against a really top class opponent who freezes you out for 2-3 frames scores heavy every chance they get and puts you under a lot of pressure. That’s when you really see where your games at and find out how hard the game can be. That Is when I think about stillness conviction etc. as mentioned above it's my little go to formula.
    See to me that probably demonstrates the difference in the mental game that you guys have from someone like myself; I can pot the balls and make 50+ breaks regularly but I haven't ever moved pass that.. "If I miss here they will be in for a huge break" stage, which I know is probably one of the biggest weaknesses in my game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by shafter View Post
    Your round next! mines a becks lol
    That's fine, your round the one after... Becks is fine by me but Ill have a double,, cheers

vCash

See to me that probably demonstrates the difference in the mental game that you guys have from someone like myself; I can pot the balls and make 50+ breaks regularly but I haven't ever moved pass that.. "If I miss here they will be in for a huge break" stage, which I know is probably one of the biggest weaknesses in my game.
    If you can make regular 50 plus breaks all you have to do is make 2 of them without missing and your making 100s . Seriously I bet you are 1 or 2 key shots away from it eg. are you making sure you go into balls when you have the angle to do so rather than scoring 50 never getting the angle again and you have run out of balls. Being agressive in your play not only gives you confidence when the agressive shot works out (there will be times when it doesn't of course) it also puts alot of pressure on who your playing.

vCash

seeing key shots is what makes a 50 breaker kick on

as for matchplay. all the little imperfections that are over looked in the club, will become exaggerated as the pressure builds

vCash

I need to work more on getting a good split.... and i think a massive part for me is mental; it was the same with 50s; i had loads of 40s and then one day i made a 50 (took the wrong shot to make sure of it) the same week a had another and then they started coming naturally. Problem is now i get a good split when im on like 32 and suddenly think o god this is a good chance for a ton.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast