Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry guys another dominate eye post

This is tmax's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    I have a really straight cue for sale which would be the perfect compliment to your new device, 289.99 is a steal, you'll never miss again........honest
    289.99 !!!!! - wanna swap for a CAT !!!!!

Used it this afternoon ......mmmmmmm

Couldn't do what I wanted

may just end up as a 300 paperweight !!!!!!

Not giving up just yet - I'm still waiting for the 50 page pdf from Nic

This is culraven's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Any chance of a review, there is a thread already started on it?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

This is Steve748's Country Flag

vCash

I am left eye dominant and if I place my left eye over the cue, close my right eye, adjust until my eye is in line with the cue, open my right eye and shoot and most of the time I sink the ball.
    When I miss it is because I wasn't aiming in the right place.
    When I am practicing placing small spots on the table so I can repeat the same shot has helped me.
    Dominant eye sighting works for me.

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tmax View Post
    Apologies to hi-jack this thread - please forgive

Terry

I think it was 314 !! - Nicely made as you say - yes I'm sure a wood jig would do the same thing

Sighting by eye is exactly my point !!!!! - the CAT may help to just give me a straight/er cueing

My thoughts were to setup a corner pot - green into own pocket for example - white just left of the blue (thick half ball pot)

Position the CAT with heavy magnet (which hold cue securely) while down on the shot

Stand back and look down the line to see if it still looks right - if it does then play the shot through the CAT

I've always believed I basically see the shot from standing up correctly - just don't drop the cue on line when getting down, or of course I cue across it when striking

The CAT I'm hoping to take one variable out
    The price when I looked it up was 394 + 45 shipping and I would pay another 20% duty and taxes so altogether around 520quid. For me that is over $1,000 and that's much too expensive for me to handle with the amount of coaching business I get.

Also, although starting out with a green to its own pocket is great as you always start with the easy shot to confirm everything. Once you have that (which should be pretty quick as its an open pocket and just over 2ft pot) move onto something that gives you a bit more of a challenge to confirm the CAT and your eyes are working correctly. Try a 1/2-ball black off the spot to a top pocket and a 3/4-pink to the middle.

That will be a better test to see if you are aligning the CAT correctly.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Should be 395 + 45 + 20% but it wouldn't let me edit my post
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    The price when I looked it up was 394 + 45 shipping and I would pay another 20% duty and taxes so altogether around 520quid. For me that is over $1,000 and that's much too expensive for me to handle with the amount of coaching business I get.

Also, although starting out with a green to its own pocket is great as you always start with the easy shot to confirm everything. Once you have that (which should be pretty quick as its an open pocket and just over 2ft pot) move onto something that gives you a bit more of a challenge to confirm the CAT and your eyes are working correctly. Try a 1/2-ball black off the spot to a top pocket and a 3/4-pink to the middle.

That will be a better test to see if you are aligning the CAT correctly.
    Hi Terry

I think the price has been reduced a little - I paid 314 GBP sent as F&F

Your last comment is the trouble with the idea I had - It is not easy to align the device - it has cloth on the base to protect the table, so it grips, and you can't make very small changes - plus my cue was too butt heavy for it to stay in place with the strong magnets

BUT having said all this - I did have a very good practise session - One lineup I made a 90 !!!!

I'm going to persevere and maybe do a review at some time.

I do think we need some more technology to help struggling players like most of us - Nic has his heart (and wallet) in the RGHT place I'm sure - he seems pretty innovative which I admire

I always thought a telescopic, spring loaded cue with a release button would allow a player to exactly see where they were aiming

I've used those builder's laser beams, but again without much luck - setting everything up is just too much hass

This is inevermissblue's Country Flag

vCash

Jesus boys! What are you all doing??? Paying god knows how much for a 'device' that will somehow transform your game is complete and utter foolishness. I bet Nic is rubbing his hands while smurking at the lot of you...
    Peoples approach can differ greatly in terms of how they approach the table...at what point they fix on the shot line...which part they focus on...what they switch to and where...none of this can be assisted by some gizmo some bloke knocks out in a workshop or factory! I sometimes wonder if this Forum is also a portal to an alternate universe (the come down version).
    So if you intend to get better, go out there and develop your game yourself. By all means seek coaches advice if you feel that this is necessary, but you need to be putting the work in yourself and not holding out for some killer gadget to give you some sort of edge over others games. the only device that works is a CUE!
    I'm seriously considering deleting my profile as i feel that i have outgrown this...
    The Forum could be sooo much better and structured well for people who seek good advice or are new to the game. Instead of having to sift through dribble about 'the best chalk?' or 'pocket sizes' etc etc...
    adios!!!!!!!!!!
    Riley stock cue Maple 1 piece (7 off ebay!)😊
    56 1/2 ins, 16 oz and warped!
    10mm Kamui medium hologram.
    Over 100 Centuries.
    CB sighting.

vCash

The easiest way to find out which eye to put the cue under is to draw a line on the ground to simulate the shot line*. Stand naturally with your back foot on the line. You want your head to be in a position that seems centered over the line. Now imagine a line coming up from the ground directly to your face.

Where does it end up? For me, it's slightly favoring the right side of my chin, but not directly under my right eye.

*You can use painter's tape, and the line on tiled flooring works well too. Pretty much any straight line on the ground on which you can step.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    Jesus boys! What are you all doing??? Paying god knows how much for a 'device' that will somehow transform your game is complete and utter foolishness. I bet Nic is rubbing his hands while smurking at the lot of you...
    Peoples approach can differ greatly in terms of how they approach the table...at what point they fix on the shot line...which part they focus on...what they switch to and where...none of this can be assisted by some gizmo some bloke knocks out in a workshop or factory! I sometimes wonder if this Forum is also a portal to an alternate universe (the come down version).
    So if you intend to get better, go out there and develop your game yourself. By all means seek coaches advice if you feel that this is necessary, but you need to be putting the work in yourself and not holding out for some killer gadget to give you some sort of edge over others games. the only device that works is a CUE!
    I'm seriously considering deleting my profile as i feel that i have outgrown this...
    The Forum could be sooo much better and structured well for people who seek good advice or are new to the game. Instead of having to sift through dribble about 'the best chalk?' or 'pocket sizes' etc etc...
    adios!!!!!!!!!!
    .... shame - no chance of a second date then

in jest

This is Siz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    ....could be sooo much better and structured well for people who seek good advice .... Instead of having to sift through dribble..
    I think you have just summed up the Internet.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast