Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Importing Cues from Thailand

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1000

    Default Importing Cues from Thailand

    Hi everyone, I know itís not really relevant to this forum but I need to import some high quality cues from Thailand maybe 10 to start of with and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to do this (things like costs, taxes, import agents, etc). Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Rick Ablett

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    This is DeanH's Country Flag

    Posts
    15,063
    vCash
    1000

    Default Importing Cues from Thailand

    no spot on for this forum
    in past some here have ordered 10 plus cues from Ton Praram and done ok.
    From what I heard the discount was ok but delivery plus did not make a going concern
    I am sure others have order bulk from others and done ok.
    More than 10 is the key.
    Last edited by DeanH; 29th December 2016 at 12:07 AM.
    Up the TSF!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    This is DeanH's Country Flag

    Posts
    15,063
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkromeo View Post
    I need to import some high quality cues from Thailand
    Why do you "need" to?
    Why only Thailand?
    Last edited by DeanH; 29th December 2016 at 12:14 AM.
    Up the TSF!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is ADR147's Country Flag

    Posts
    16,241
    vCash
    900
    Items for Sale

    Default

    More information required, it is possible to do and can save you some money but ten suggests you are a trader and that is a different set of issues, from a retail point of view because there is. O chance you will not het a tax bill then ten does. Ot justify the shipping costs you really need to think 50-100 per order then you have the snagging issue, some of the cues will always need something done to them and if that is not in your skill set then you need a local cue doctor etc. So as i said more information needed because it is not so easy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Want to start of with a small order 50 is too many, thinking of around 10 to start of with and will have to take delivery costs on the chin. With regards to shipping costs does anyone know how much this would be approximately? And can anyone recommend a freight forwarded who will sort out the customs?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is ADR147's Country Flag

    Posts
    16,241
    vCash
    900
    Items for Sale

    Default

    For ten it might be worth speaking to craftsman cues or stu green rather than the hassle of shipping and taxes amd potential problems etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Darlington, UK
    This is jrc750's Country Flag

    Posts
    14,497
    vCash
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkromeo View Post
    Want to start of with a small order 50 is too many, thinking of around 10 to start of with and will have to take delivery costs on the chin. With regards to shipping costs does anyone know how much this would be approximately? And can anyone recommend a freight forwarded who will sort out the customs?
    Just contact whoever you are wanting to order your cues from and ask for delivery price.
    Then you have to factor in import duties/vat.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    This is Big Splash!'s Country Flag

    Posts
    1,956
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Or simply import some Chinese cues for less and add made in Thailand badges. Just like those British cues by famous, expensive names, that were made in Thailand really. No worse morally.

    The OP's question should simply have been stated as 'I'd like to screw the public with imported cues, how do you guys do it!?' PMSL.
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 31st December 2016 at 10:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is ADR147's Country Flag

    Posts
    16,241
    vCash
    900
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Or simply import some Chinese cues for less and add made in Thailand badges. Just like those British cues by famous, expensive names, that were made in Thailand really. No worse morally.

    The OP's question should simply have been stated as 'I'd like to screw the public with imported cues, how do you guys do it!?' PMSL.
    oh do tell, i love a good law suit, what exactly do you know splurt?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    This is eaoin11's Country Flag

    Posts
    939
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    That is just a logical progression. But plenty of people are importing Thai and Chinese cues without false advertising, so I'm inclined to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •