Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Byroms favorite tips from coaches and players on web

vCash

Default Byroms favorite tips from coaches and players on web

Hi

Why are pro players so good and we club players so bad if we have played the game for years?
    My answer would be because many of us just play the GAME for years unlike them who work on their technique for years in order to play the game.

So which coaches do I think offer good advice? Well a lot do the basics well and on this thread I think I would like to put my favourite video's or advice

I like this first one a lot - why - because I have seen a load of sighting threads on here but I think this coach nails it and explains it very clearly - I myself was inconsistent with this - I followed the pot a million balls and learn the angles thing but this means you learn to play snooker potting things in different ways and I kept changing sighting methods and trying different things out - then sometimes I thought of nothing and just clicked and knocked in a ton - what I was doing was just playing but I knew it was in when I got down why because I did not aim at the point on a ball I played the line - I was doing it without knowing what I was doing - this video made me aware of this and I think it is my favourite advice on visualisation/sighting on the web. If you can understand it properly.
    This advice - is very good indeed in my humble opinion.

vCash

Some useful tips on varying the grip pack splits and talking through a break - notice him talking about the snooker shoot out at 37 mins - maybe not the best coaching vid but well I love Jimmy

vCash

Love the advice here from Parrot on safety in particular and learning the line - grape idea by Davis

vCash

Timing - all important - again by Barry Stark

vCash

Cracks me up every time

vCash

Bit of Ronnie

Last edited by Byrom; 21st August 2017 at 06:52 PM.

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

Some nice tips there in the last video (grape one).

The odd nugget here and there can win you matches so it's nice to grab as many as possible.

vCash

ok Sean show us something good

This is Csmith's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Hi

Why are pro players so good and we club players so bad if we have played the game for years?
    My answer would be because many of us just play the GAME for years unlike them who work on their technique for years in order to play the game.

So which coaches do I think offer good advice? Well a lot do the basics well and on this thread I think I would like to put my favourite video's or advice

I like this first one a lot - why - because I have seen a load of sighting threads on here but I think this coach nails it and explains it very clearly - I myself was inconsistent with this - I followed the pot a million balls and learn the angles thing but this means you learn to play snooker potting things in different ways and I kept changing sighting methods and trying different things out - then sometimes I thought of nothing and just clicked and knocked in a ton - what I was doing was just playing but I knew it was in when I got down why because I did not aim at the point on a ball I played the line - I was doing it without knowing what I was doing - this video made me aware of this and I think it is my favourite advice on visualisation/sighting on the web. If you can understand it properly.
    This advice - is very good indeed in my humble opinion.
    I like this advice too. I was actually relaying this to someone a few weeks back who was mentioning that he struggled with sighting due to poor eye sight. I told him that if you can simply recognize the different angles and focusing on puting your cue on the aiming line, as opposed to picking a spot on the ball, you don't need sharp eyesight to pot well.

vCash

I know its pool but always nice to learn the odd trick shot for a laugh - impress the guys in the club n this one is great

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast