Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: buying a camera?

vCash

that one looks to be compact and have all the functions matt, be interested to know how it performs.

vCash

this one looks like one of the best in this price range and size, prices dropping a bit also with newer models coming out.
    I'll bring it when we drop by

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    thanks for all the replies guys

I think it will be this one, http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-rx100-ii-review

looks like good allround performance (also in low light / inside), small and also nice for photo/video besides snooker
    Great cameras, good 1" sensor, decent video and nice size for carrying around.

This is andy carson's Country Flag

vCash

decent enough camera though expesnive compared to panasonics of the same feature set. (remember also who owns panasonic.... )
    http://www.wexphotographic.com/panas...black-1589058/

vCash

at the moment the lumix TZ100 is almost 100,- more than the sony RX100-II overhere

This is andy carson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    at the moment the lumix TZ100 is almost 100,- more than the sony RX100-II overhere
    ah right thought you were UK based.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    ah right thought you were UK based.
    thanks for the complement

vCash

Looks nice, good to see it videos in mpeg4 as the files are ok to edit if you want to do that type of thing, of course the quality will be less than AVCHD but those files are huge . I don't know what modern computers can handle nowadays but when I did filming and video editing it was only the very very top of the range desktops that could handle AVCHD files.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    decent enough camera though expesnive compared to panasonics of the same feature set. (remember also who owns panasonic.... )
    http://www.wexphotographic.com/panas...black-1589058/
    I thought it looked expensive as well but assumed, from the OP's use of language, that he was buying secondhand in the UK.

If I was choosing a reasonably priced camera on video alone it would have to be a Panasonic G7, even with a kit lens it can produce broadcast quality video and the stills quality is non too shabby. Bit of a size increase over the compacts with built in lenses though.

vCash

Just seen this thread. I have a canon 500d and had it 5-6 years and it's a great camera. Taken around 7000 photos with it and love photography. My issue having is I want to record my snooker from the birds eye and not sure how to go about that. I play at different venues so obviously I can't just get a set up and leave it there. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about buying a small compact camera/go pro with a small tripod/gorillapod to see if that helped.

Appreciate any suggestions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3