<

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of pro standard table practice

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Yeah the barman said he owns the two,bit strange when the club's giving up a bit of real estate when I'd be willing to go up to 15.
    And the thing is its incredibly likely that table in the club hasn't got the pockets set by the wsa template, so while it might have the correct cloth and heated slate you're still not going to be playing on a fully "pro" setup. Its funny how they are so tight lipped about their pocket templates, theres supposedly only 2 sets of them and the public getting to play on a table with them setup with them seems to be a big no no. Probably pours more fuel to the fire that the pockets aren't as tight as the commentators would have you believe.

This is frazz's Country Flag

vCash

Neither Steven or John own clubs tho, both have their own tables in their own place of choice away from a club. I don't get the whole thing pro's should put back into the game, they probably never had help from pro's growing up other than maybe having the odd game which they are more than willing to do with young players now and the game never gave them anything, it's their own hard work and skill that has got them to this point

This is frazz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by narl View Post
    And the thing is its incredibly likely that table in the club hasn't got the pockets set by the wsa template, so while it might have the correct cloth and heated slate you're still not going to be playing on a fully "pro" setup. Its funny how they are so tight lipped about their pocket templates, theres supposedly only 2 sets of them and the public getting to play on a table with them setup with them seems to be a big no no. Probably pours more fuel to the fire that the pockets aren't as tight as the commentators would have you believe.
    A lot of the pro's don't have their table setup as tight as the tournament tables, remember what your seeing on the TV is the absolute perfect conditions, table recovered every 4 or 5 days, heated 24/7, all perfect, in the house or club players won't pay for a new cloth every week so 95percent I reckon will have the bags slightly opened so the table is playable after a month or 2 allowing them to get the table covered less often

This is Edenrob's Country Flag

vCash

Instead of going to big snooker halls such as Rileys or Colours or Frames why not consider joining a social club or British Legion which has a table or two? After paying a yearly sub of about 20-25 the cost of the light meter will often work out at 2-3/hr.

Usually cheaper beer than a pub as well.

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    Neither Steven or John own clubs tho, both have their own tables in their own place of choice away from a club. I don't get the whole thing pro's should put back into the game, they probably never had help from pro's growing up other than maybe having the odd game which they are more than willing to do with young players now and the game never gave them anything, it's their own hard work and skill that has got them to this point
    I get you in that if you're keen enough you've got a good chance of making it but the Chinese angle wasn't there when Stephen H and John H came through in the 80's and early 90's so I agree with what Ebdon said about Shaun Murphy's concerns last night.
    I'd guess it will be expensive to anywhere remotely keep up with the Chinese so their should be a bit more thought put into it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Edenrob View Post
    Instead of going to big snooker halls such as Rileys or Colours or Frames why not consider joining a social club or British Legion which has a table or two? After paying a yearly sub of about 20-25 the cost of the light meter will often work out at 2-3/hr.

Usually cheaper beer than a pub as well.
    I've walked past one a few times but never actually thought of it,thanks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    I've walked past one a few times but never actually thought of it,thanks.
    You say you know Frames and you're in London, whereabouts though?

vCash

You say you know Frames and you're in London, whereabouts though?
    I've got a car mate I can go anywhere about town,I'm in the NW area.

vCash

Ok, I'm not familiar with that part of London but try looking for leagues in that area and that will give you ideas for clubs.

Good luck with your quest!

vCash

Ok, I'm not familiar with that part of London but try looking for leagues in that area and that will give you ideas for clubs.

Good luck with your quest!
    Cheers mate,I actually meant I've walked past a Conservative club with a table in there but I'd certainly be interested in other ideas,thanks again.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast