Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Cost of pro standard table practice

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    Star Snooker Academy in Sheffield Has 10 star tables . Usuall 10 an hour however you can get 4 hours for 30, you will need to call to book just in case non are available . And it’s no good when tournaments or qualifiers are on because quite a few pros and resident Amateurs practice there.
    Ta , I'm perfectly resigned now to not playing til I get a windfall to play on a proper table in a club or even buy my own - with the future property space of course.
    Had a good idea that the Star Academy would have been crowded , it still sounds better than what I saw at the SWSA , it's at the back of a business complex in the middle of nowhere and they still could only afford one or two proper tables that aren't on top of each other , one of which had three pro's hovering around it , thats a day I'll never get back but still good to know I suppose.

This is sharkster63's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Master Q in Markham has 2 Star tables about to be assembled end of the month as well as a new hall my buddy is planning to open up in the next 6 months, will have only Star tables
    Do you have any idea of the location of new club. Sounds very interesting, I wonder after reading this thread if he can order the tables ready cut to pro standard or if this can only be done for pro tournaments. Cheers
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Ta , I'm perfectly resigned now to not playing til I get a windfall to play on a proper table in a club or even buy my own - with the future property space of course.
    Had a good idea that the Star Academy would have been crowded , it still sounds better than what I saw at the SWSA , it's at the back of a business complex in the middle of nowhere and they still could only afford one or two proper tables that aren't on top of each other , one of which had three pro's hovering around it , thats a day I'll never get back but still good to know I suppose.
    Things must have changed a lot since I was at the SWSA. There were 13 tables then (1 in a match arena) and 3 rooms with 4 tables each and one room designated as a pro practice room with amateurs not allowed unless invited. There was always plenty of room around all the tables and coffee/tea were always available as long as you brought your own milk (although some players assumed it was supplied by the club and used it as I didn't bother to label it)
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Things must have changed a lot since I was at the SWSA. There were 13 tables then (1 in a match arena) and 3 rooms with 4 tables each and one room designated as a pro practice room with amateurs not allowed unless invited. There was always plenty of room around all the tables and coffee/tea were always available as long as you brought your own milk (although some players assumed it was supplied by the club and used it as I didn't bother to label it)
    Yes it wasn't my intention to ruffle anyone saying that and I didn't remotely have anything invested in the SWSA anyway but it seems a bit object defeating for them to have anything other than proper pro tables there.
    It's a relatively sparsely populated area anyway so I'd guess they're not going to get a great deal of revenue from local kids and pensioners etc so why not just rebrand it as a professional club for all ?
    But thats me coming from a bit of a vested interest of course.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    I woud love to see Higgins and Maguire help the one ones in Glasgow and do stuff like that but they wount and they forget how much help they got to get table time and stuff
    John gives his time for snooker in scotland, he get's involved with the NGB & he's donated tournament cloth's for year's and a I believe a table at one point to club's in the past.
    There was talk of him donating his star table to a club up here but not sure if that's happening or not, anyway I don't think anyone could ever say that guy's character isn't impeccable.

Stephen Maguire gives his time frequently for exhibitions and raises money for charity's and his associations with clubs and the game in that way is again a mark of his class.
    Young Ant's does the same and he even gives of his own time to teach the next generation of snooker players at one of the clubs up here.

I think these guys give back to the sport and the fan's that put them on the map 100%, but as others have said it wasn't anything but hard work and outstanding talent that took them to the peak of snooker.

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    Do you have any idea of the location of new club. Sounds very interesting, I wonder after reading this thread if he can order the tables ready cut to pro standard or if this can only be done for pro tournaments. Cheers
    Will be in Richmond Hill area near my house conveniently, not sure about the pocket templates but standard Stars should be tough enough

This is fkhan's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky8 View Post
    Im wanting to get a new cue can anyone say what they think is the best one to get is? Mike woolridge black lengend, stamford 1 series or a parris ultimate. Forget the prices and waiting time if u could pick one which one would it be. Iv saved alot up to can one of these so want to make sure its the right one and hopfully my last cue.
    Mike wooldridge, Stamford, Trevor White, Exquisite,TP3,Precision to name a few. They are all very good cue makers. Contact ADR147 here, he will have many readily available.
    Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8