Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast

Thread: What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    ... even winning a Corvette once in 1979 (the story with photos was in Pot Black magazine in 1986).
    FYI TD, it was Pot Gold magazine and was there not a sum of CAN$250,000 mentioned
    love the picture of the corvette
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
    P.S.. I think you have been given some wrong instruction along your short career.
    Seems to be something of an epidemic among "Snooker Coaches"

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    FYI TD, it was Pot Gold magazine and was there not a sum of CAN$250,000 mentioned
    love the picture of the corvette
    Thanks for the correction Dean. I forgot the $250K because I was never paid that amount, just the Corvette which was worth around $15K at that time and then some cash too but not a large amount. I made him pay the green fees too as it was about 30hrs of table time.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    Seems to be something of an epidemic among "Snooker Coaches"
    OK Slasher, we get it, you don't like snooker coaches. You don't have to go on and on and on about it. Even though you yourself give coaching advice on here so I presume you also hate yourself. Roy has got the wrong idea regarding me with this comment. It hasn't been a 'short career' but then again maybe my career has been short compared to his starting in 1944, which is before I was born. I didn't start playing until around 1959 or so and that was pool at first and then interrupted by over 20 years in the Navy and restarted around 1980 or so. So I guess we can say that I really do have a short 40 year career compared to Roy's 75 years or so. Not many can say that I'll bet.

I also don't believe I've been given the wrong instructions by Nic Barrow and Terry Griffiths along with books by Joe Davis and Frank Callan. If Roy is saying these leading lights have given me 'some wrong instruction' then I think he is sadly mistaken, as are you.
    Terry Davidson

vCash

okay you win
    Last edited by Slasher; 30th January 2018 at 05:55 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    okay you win
    I see you edited your post as it isn't the one I got on the email notification. I wanted to ask you what you though was 'something of an epidemic' as I'm not clear if it was what I said or what Roy is proposing.
    Terry Davidson

vCash

Hi Terry, think we got off on wrong foot, I think that anyone not just coaches who can help each other in the great game of snooker should do so, we all have our different opinions which is good I must say, what works for one does not for the other, but by all means do try different ways, you will find the best way that suits the particular style that is adopted. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
    Hi Terry, think we got off on wrong foot, I think that anyone not just coaches who can help each other in the great game of snooker should do so, we all have our different opinions which is good I must say, what works for one does not for the other, but by all means do try different ways, you will find the best way that suits the particular style that is adopted. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
    I can agree with that
    Terry Davidson

vCash

Sounds to me that you do not understand the game. Seems to me that you just make up negative thoughts. Never mind you will perhaps learn one day. Roy of Snooker Secrets. By the way the technique DOES work, you just don't understand it.

vCash

I would just like to add to all those just taking up the game, do not take the readings of text books on snooker as gospel. The diagrams are drawn in straight lines to show you directions of cue ball and object ball, but take it from me the cb does NOT go in straight line even if you are a great cueman, your vision alters to the way you are curing, so whatever your cueing action is, keep it the same and just alter your point of aim. Hope this helps to all. Roy.

Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast