Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95

Thread: What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

This is cantpotforshíte's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    In the Deep End?
    Chris Searle partnered Steve Davis (?) in a doubles match. he made a break of 6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X7FXTCDuZs

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cantpotforshíte View Post
    Dave Gilbert? Dave Gilbert senior? He can't be that old.

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cantpotforshíte View Post
    Dave Gilbert? Dave Gilbert senior? He can't be that old.
    The current David Gilbert is officially known by WPBSA as David Brown Gilbert because when he came on the scene there had been a previous David Gilbert (the one mentioned on the vid) on tour and WPBSA asked if he had a middle name to have a difference, the family said he didn't so they picked the name Brown after his coach/sponser(?) at the time, hence you often see David B Gilbert
    I don't know of any relation between the two

This was done to stop what happened to Mark Williams where his first prize cheque was sent to a previous player called Mark Williams; hence Williams is often referred to as Mark J Williams.
    Luckily we don't have many John Smiths playing on the tour
    Last edited by DeanH; 3rd March 2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    The current David Gilbert is officially known by WPBSA as David Brown Gilbert because when he came on the scene there had been a previous David Gilbert (the one mentioned on the vid) on tour and WPBSA asked if he had a middle name to have a difference, the family said he didn't so they picked the name Brown after his coach/sponser(?) at the time, hence you often see David B Gilbert
    I don't know of any relation between the two

This was done to stop what happened to Mark Williams where his first prize cheque was sent to a previous player called Mark Williams; hence Williams is often referred to as Mark J Williams.
    Luckily we don't have many John Smiths playing on the tour
    I read about a junior called Ronnie Sullivan the other day, maybe his parents are hoping for a similar situation

This is Bigmeek's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Roy (of snooker secrets), I watched your you-tube No 24 about 7 months ago and posted up a couple of questions. Never got a reply so maybe you've given up on this method of coaching?
    As you've been posting here recently I thought I'd try my luck and ask my questions here. Might get lucky lol.
    The video concerns the stun shot. You advise to "stop on the white". This to me you end up jabbing. Other folk tell me you should always follow through on the white. Any comments?
    I also asked what angle you had on the black. Looked just off straight to me but couldn't quite see as pocket wasn't in shot.
    Look forward to your reply.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Hi Roy (of snooker secrets), I watched your you-tube No 24 about 7 months ago and posted up a couple of questions. Never got a reply so maybe you've given up on this method of coaching?
    As you've been posting here recently I thought I'd try my luck and ask my questions here. Might get lucky lol.
    The video concerns the stun shot. You advise to "stop on the white". This to me you end up jabbing. Other folk tell me you should always follow through on the white. Any comments?
    I also asked what angle you had on the black. Looked just off straight to me but couldn't quite see as pocket wasn't in shot.
    Look forward to your reply.
    Hi Bigmeek, sorry about not being able to answer your question when asked, of course you follow through on every shot, what I was trying to explain on the stun shot when you are close to object ball is that the follow through is not so far, you just go into the cb a little sharper. As for the angle on the black it is half ball or less. Just like to add that the thiner the contact on black the lower you strike cb. Hope this answers your question. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets

This is Bigmeek's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
    Hi Bigmeek, sorry about not being able to answer your question when asked, of course you follow through on every shot, what I was trying to explain on the stun shot when you are close to object ball is that the follow through is not so far, you just go into the cb a little sharper. As for the angle on the black it is half ball or less. Just like to add that the thiner the contact on black the lower you strike cb. Hope this answers your question. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets
    Thanks Roy. Really appreciate it. I've been trying hard to perfect those little stuns around the black area.

This is Staezione's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    The point is pro footballers and pro golfers hit the ball exactly where and how they want to. We don't , so how on earth if you can't hit centre all the time are you going to hit exactly off centre all the time, it's making something hard even harder as you now have to adjust aiming ,take into account pace and then distance and finally how much throw your cue produces. Hit the centre as best you can, none of that applies.
    Because there's only 1 centre spot on the cueball and 1 million off centre spots!

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95