Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't stop putting left hand side on cue ball

This is Dave_marsy's Country Flag

vCash

Default Can't stop putting left hand side on cue ball

Can anyone help ...I keep putting left hand side on the cue ball and the more forcefull the shot the more side I put on ....
    I'm left eye dominant tried all kinds of different stances
    It's driving me mad

This is throtts's Country Flag

vCash

Are you sure on striking the cue ball your grip is not tightening taking the tip to the left?..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

vCash

I have a soft grip ....and I use the drop elbow action like osulivan.....
    If I play along the spots slow it come back to my tip perfect ...if I play much harder I get lots of left hand side

This is throtts's Country Flag

vCash

It has to be with your set up, buddy. Place the your cue dead centre to the cue ball and then get in your stance position, see if anything feels uncomfortable. A lot of players do hit off centre though and it is a hard thing to fix via a forum.

Anyone else, Terry?......
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

vCash

I'm no coach but I am left eyed and left handed, but I don't put the cue on the left hand side of the chin, what this does mean though is that I'm kind on looking at the side of the cue rather than straight down it, so I think I'm hitting the white in the middle, but Im actually putting a bit of right hand side, but it looks like the middle from a sort of side on view, perhaps it's worth shifting the cue slightly on your chin so it's under your dominant eye. Maybe not Jamie Jones or Gary Wilson style where the cue is on you cheekbone but just slightly to the left or right, Like I said, I'm no coach just a bit of personal experience.

vCash

I think I'm striking across the cue ball ...I can pot blues off the spot from baulk at times 5 in a row then it all goes wrong and I'm putting left hand side on ..I hit the same place on the table every time when I miss

vCash

From my experience there are heaps of ways to cue across the ball, and I can do them all I suppose it being consistent means you're doing the same thing wrong every time, you just need to work out what it is, better than spanking it all over the shop I suppose.

vCash

I know I spent six hours today just potting long blues and also striking the ball hard up and down the spots ...I'm going to try an make a consiouce effort to strike straight through the cue ball and in my mind slightly to the right ...just keep trying stuff ....I like to thank everyone who has tried to help ...I take it all onboard
    Thanks everyone

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Booters View Post
    I'm no coach but I am left eyed and left handed, but I don't put the cue on the left hand side of the chin, what this does mean though is that I'm kind on looking at the side of the cue rather than straight down it, so I think I'm hitting the white in the middle, but Im actually putting a bit of right hand side, but it looks like the middle from a sort of side on view, perhaps it's worth shifting the cue slightly on your chin so it's under your dominant eye. Maybe not Jamie Jones or Gary Wilson style where the cue is on you cheekbone but just slightly to the left or right, Like I said, I'm no coach just a bit of personal experience.
    I already do that

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

I've been having a similar issue, I found that my grip hand was too close to my hip., so adjusting my stance has given me a couple of inches rather than cm.
    Also I would check to see if your Bridge hand thumb is moving on strike .
    Any lifting from the thumb will cause you to cue across the cue ball to the left .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast