Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Screwing Back : I'm ending up with no back spin when I hit the object ball

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    I think he means screw back is screwback regardless of what type of table.
    What I was getting at is if it's a nap less cloth then cue ball may not react the same

This is Dave_marsy's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Without changing anything technically, try holding your follow through and staying still on the shot. I'm 90% sure you'll find an improvement in both accuracy and amount of screwback generated.
    I've played alot of snooker over the years so am not really a beginner but even I go back to this basic thought when i'm struggling and it usually works wonders.
    Your right It will

vCash

Practice the shot looking only at the cue ball and report back.

vCash

Default Screwing Back : I'm ending up with no back spin when I hit the object ball

put your bridge hand closer, hold the cue loose.

If that doesn't fix it, you're either not following through level or far enough.

vCash

It's all practise, innit?

You'll probably be decelerating at impact and not hitting as low as you think you are.

This is rimmer10's Country Flag

vCash

Same problem here mate. I find the further the distance the more power the longer the back swing I need. It gets to the point where I have to drop the elbow to keep the cue parallel and on delivery I forget to bring the elbow back up which in turn raises the tip. Hence the stun shot. Working on it. Watch Barry Hawkins. He always drops the elbow slightly but the brings it back up to see what I mean.

vCash

You don't need to keep the cue parallel to the table on the pull back, look at Mark Selby, Stuart Bingham and Ronnie O'Sullivan to name a few.

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    You don't need to keep the cue parallel to the table on the pull back, look at Mark Selby, Stuart Bingham and Ronnie O'Sullivan to name a few.
    If the cue had to be parallel on screw back then you would never be able to achieve it when playing across the table on a pool table. Obviously whether parallel or inclined affects the shot to some degree.

This is rimmer10's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Maybe keeping the cue parallel was the wrong way to put it. Keeping it in one plane may be a more accurate description

vCash

Don't worry about parallel or any of that... The screw shot is simple, don't overthink it.

loose grip, hit the bottom, follow through as smooth and as far as you can... voila

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast