Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yippee Ki Yay

This is Catch 22's Country Flag

vCash

[QUOTE=Dredd46;936916]
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Go Back to Basics, but keep your trousers on, and avoid women called Edwina

Damm, way to ruin all my fun

Any idea who the guy in the video is? I've watched this and part 2 before. If only it was as easy as he says it is.
    Alan trigg

This is Dredd46's Country Flag

vCash

[QUOTE=Catch 22;936936]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    Alan trigg
    Thanks Catch 22, I can't say i've heard of him before.

vCash

He is on the Coaches List at the Star Academy in Sheffield.

I would need some of the stuff in the 2nd Vid explained a bit more (and the "Trick" type Shots are a bit pants): but I like his almost First Principles way of explaining.

For the Yips: it is definitely a good idea to do a bit of that 2 Reds on the cushion thing; then scatter the balls and do the same with potting ie stand behind the white do all the prep stuff then go down and fire (we may be erring back to Edwina here )

This is Dredd46's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    He is on the Coaches List at the Star Academy in Sheffield.

I would need some of the stuff in the 2nd Vid explained a bit more (and the "Trick" type Shots are a bit pants): but I like his almost First Principles way of explaining.

For the Yips: it is definitely a good idea to do a bit of that 2 Reds on the cushion thing; then scatter the balls and do the same with potting ie stand behind the white do all the prep stuff then go down and fire (we may be erring back to Edwina here )
    Bit of coaching in Sheffield? Ok so we can trust in what hes saying?

Yep some more explanation would be nice and his trick shots are old tricks. Bit pants is being polite

I have a feeling i would be knocking ten ton of the brown stuff out of those 2 reds. Still I think would be a good idea along with scattering the reds. Not sure I'm going to keep a straight face when I go down and fire, Oh Edwina

I've been trying to keep it simple and almost do as he describes. At the moment I'm struggling to get my chin on the cue without becoming fixated on the CB.

Thanks for the reply

vCash

Dredd,

I'm no expert but it sounds like your issues might be handled well by a sports psychologist. Some snooker coaches have training in this area, most don't, so you'd probably have to do some digging to find the right one. I could say simply understand that potting or missing doesn't matter, it's not life and death and even death is inevitable so who should care about the CB anyway? But it's obviously about not just understanding but feeling and actioning this truth; emotions are important to all of us.

Part of the preparation as a coach tells me is to get one's mind right before we enter the room with a plan of action, reasons and routines, objectives all in place. But most importantly, a calm and collected mind. In your case there are a few extra things to prepare. Don't know if you've tried mediation but many a high performance sports star finds it useful as a way to focus but also as a way to relieve tension and get into a peaceful zone. It doesn't sound like ramping it up and pumping more testosterone is helping you. There's many a meditation technique on youtube you can try for free. I could give you a simple technique that anyone can learn. Meditation can do no harm and it's a useful tool for other areas of life as well.

Big yourself up for writing your honest, painful feelings. That took the guts that will help you overcome your issue I feel. We all have trouble with this game we love so it's good for everyone to know they're not alone. Thankyou for your post.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    I have a feeling i would be knocking ten ton of the brown stuff out of those 2 reds. Still I think would be a good idea along with scattering the reds. Not sure I'm going to keep a straight face when I go down and fire, Oh Edwina

I've been trying to keep it simple and almost do as he describes. At the moment I'm struggling to get my chin on the cue without becoming fixated on the CB.

Thanks for the reply
    Fixating on Edwina could cum good then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2