Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery what snooker related things would you buy or do?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Definitely saw that left one throw a bit but I think it was from vibration. That Russian billiards is one tough game and they use 28oz cues
    I did not actually notice her pot anything .....I was focusing on her technique... whats Russian billiards>....how do you play it rules and is it me or is that opening a bit tight?

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    I did not actually notice her pot anything .....I was focusing on her technique... whats Russian billiards>....how do you play it rules and is it me or is that opening a bit tight?
    It's a deadly game and very difficult. The balls used are around 3" in diameter and very heavy and the cues are therefor very heavy and stiff too, usually above 25oz. The table is a 6 x 12 but with virtually 3.1" pockets where the balls just fit into the pockets and believe me potting into a corner pocket is difficult as there's no room for error and no cheating of pockets. You wouldn't want to use spin induced throw in that game.

Nic used to have a set of 3 Russian balls and a Russian cue to teach screw.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

vCash

yes she looks like she needs a stiff one to play with...I don't get the rules what is she doing here?

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

I'd buy my way onto a senior position in World Snooker management and ban anyone from playing or practising on pro standard tables outside of World Snooker events,that way everyone gets a fairer shot and the game would be less resemblant to a mausoleom.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    I'd buy my way onto a senior position in World Snooker management and ban anyone from playing or practising on pro standard tables outside of World Snooker events,that way everyone gets a fairer shot and the game would be less resemblant to a mausoleom.
    But star would go bust if they could not sell them to anyone and everyone would be back to playing on something else....better doing it the other way round buy up all the tables in the world that are crap and replace them all with match tables. Then it is fair for everyone. Or buy world snooker and make it a rule that the table sponsor have to give all the pro's a free table.

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

But star would go bust if they could not sell them to anyone and everyone would be back to playing on something else....better doing it the other way round buy up all the tables in the world that are crap and replace them all with match tables. Then it is fair for everyone. Or buy world snooker and make it a rule that the table sponsor have to give all the pro's a free table.
    Con's of my idea.
    1. Star might go bust.

Just my two cents.

Seriously though the more I think of it the more I think its a decent idea,have you ever visited the SWSA,it makes a morgue look like Piccadilly Circus,it just isn't sustainable.

vCash

I think I was talking tongue in cheek with no 2 but my last suggestion is maybe more do able... give every pro a table or negotiate a large discount for them at least.

And I think SWSA is perhaps more down to location - stick that academy in Glasgow or London Manchester Liverpool Birmingham etc it would be buzzing.

vCash

Well I'd buy a nice big house in the Lakes ... Two tables a Star and a B & Watts steel blocker ....I'd have a pool hire Miss Tabb to get me balls out, Ronnie o Sullivan to be my tip bitch Robertson to clean the table (he'd probably turn up late) - I would say buy half the cues off ADR that he has (though this would depend how many millions I'd won). I'd order the best 3 cues off every cue maker on the planet and invite everyone from this forum I liked over from around the world - to stay over and have a laugh each taking their pick of any cue they wanted.

I would book lessons for everyone off this snooker coach and I don't care if she never learned us all nothing. Worlds best coach and player for me...Lord knows why people pay 50 or hundred pounds an hour or whatever....she's the only one worth it worth it ps skip to 3.30 What I wouldn't give to play with her ...........mmmmmmmmmmm

Haha, very nice.
    It reminded me of this
    https://youtu.be/549B76uehxo

This is rimmer10's Country Flag

vCash

OK - bored so I thought Id ask a question to get you all dreaming....
    I'd stage a tournament in Bora Bora for all the regulars on here. All expenses paid plus 1000 pounds daily spending money. Duration 1 month, 500 grand to the winner
    Last edited by rimmer10; 23rd August 2017 at 11:54 AM.

vCash

I'd stage a tournament in Bora Bora for all the regulars on here. All expenses paid plus 1000 pounds daily spending money. Duration 1 month, 500 grand to the winner
    just stick the half a mil in my account... Save on plane fares

If I had outrageous sums of money like that, I would genuinely see if it were possible to have a few people I dislike killed x

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast