<

Thread: Televised pool/snooker game from the 90s

This is Kryten's Country Flag

vCash

Default Televised pool/snooker game from the 90s

There was a televised game in the 90s that I used to love and can't remember what it was for the life of me. I remember it having either a, or lots of yellow & black striped/patterned balls. For some reason I keep thinking it was called ten ball, but all searches for that result only in the pool game. Can anyone else remember seeing or playing that?

This is Kryten's Country Flag

vCash

Not to worry, found it! It was "Tenball" - the space between the two words obviously thwarted my search!

Surprisingly unpopular although I used to love it. 1995 though... I'd have been 15, so may have appealed to me more. Think I still prefer it to power snooker though!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK7pNJqtXwY

vCash

That is a cool game that completely bypassed me. Would love to own that table. Wonder what happened to it? Were the balls US sized pool balls?
    Last edited by Little Reggie; 24th August 2017 at 09:57 PM.

vCash

Just started to watch it, and have a very vague memory of the "new" snooker.

It looks like a 9 Ball table with normal snooker balls - the Yellow can be the 10 Ball?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Just started to watch it, and have a very vague memory of the "new" snooker.

It looks like a 9 Ball table with normal snooker balls - the Yellow can be the 10 Ball?
    Not sure, it looks bigger than a pool table. I think it's a standard snooker table. Not sure as to ball size though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
    Not sure, it looks bigger than a pool table. I think it's a standard snooker table. Not sure as to ball size though.
    Middle pockets certainly look 9 Ball to me, but it could just be the colour of the cloth....

Only a bit through the first Frame they are showing, but I'm more than up for this on a 9 Ball table

vCash

Yeah, probably is a full size table, which is where they went wrong

It looks like Bazza trying to jump the Mosconi Cup bandwagon, and missed the obvious thing: the table?