Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Classic Snooker videos

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

I share your appreciation of Jimmy, I watched Alex when i was about 10yrs old, but Jimmy took over as my hero as Alex faded. The fact he was Alex's mate and kinda had the go ahead from him to carry on the "people's champion"mantle, made it easier. Jimmy's playing style and flair were a joy to watch.

ROS has been a favourite since after Jimmy's losses in the WC finals, it was like finally getting the whole package with Ron, flair, genius but fulfilled potential too, he is like a mixture of the two but with the software upgrade that fixed the bugs...
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

This is trying's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    I share your appreciation of Jimmy, I watched Alex when i was about 10yrs old, but Jimmy took over as my hero as Alex faded. The fact he was Alex's mate and kinda had the go ahead from him to carry on the "people's champion"mantle, made it easier. Jimmy's playing style and flair were a joy to watch.

ROS has been a favourite since after Jimmy's losses in the WC finals, it was like finally getting the whole package with Ron, flair, genius but fulfilled potential too, he is like a mixture of the two but with the software upgrade that fixed the bugs...
    Yep pretty much echoes my thoughts. As I say I was too young to appreciate Alex fully when he was playing (I can only have been about 7 or 8?) but having watched youtube videos of him I have appreciated far more. Personally I'm pleased that Jimmy is still loving and playing the game and Ronnie too. JMHO the game is poorer without some characters like them.

vCash

vCash

Some exhibition stuff by Alex Higgins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3byR1neIm8

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13