Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Win a package for free. 1e Quiz

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Get me one in Crafty lol, Dean deserves the prize, he put most the groundwork in and rest of us copied lol
    Agreed mate, already offered him a tenner for one last proper blue diamond 💎 Iím at the bar, so its one for you , one for me and Dean and one for Grady Seasons! Itís like a nightmare!
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

vCash

Right, now I've just nicked Crafty's answers, but I'm changing the last answer.... Again.

1- How old was O'Sullivan when he made his first maximum 147 break in tournament play?

Amateur tour He compiled his first*maximum break*in the final of the 1991 British Amateur Championships at age 15

Pro tour 21yrs 138 days

2- How old was Ronnie when he made his first century break and what was scoring ?

10 years old 117 break

3 - In winning a match against Ali Carter at the 2007 Northern Ireland Trophy, what unique feat did O'Sullivan achieve?

Made a 147 but also 5 consecutive centuries in the match.

4- Ronnie can also plays shots left-handed. When he first displayed this skill at the World Championship in 1996, his opponent made an official complaint stating that O'Sullivan had been disrespectful. Which Canadian player made this complaint and why ?

Alain Robideux - thought ROS was taking the mickey playing left handed.

5- O'Sullivan was the first player to make 2 maximum breaks at the World Championship, achieving this feat first in 1997 and again in 2003. Which two players were on the receiving end?
    Did he won the match ?

1997 the infamous 5min 8sec break against Mike Price - won the match.

2003 Marco Fu - lost the match.

6- how Did Ronni got his Nickname "Rocket" ? In which year and what why he got this Nickname ?

1992/93 season, won a best of 9 frame in 43 mins, so MC Alan Hughes nicknamed him The Rocket.

Rules of Snooker*

7- A player has potted a red, and on the next shot plays for a red, and pots it too. What is the outcome?

Foul 7 penalty points awarded to the non-offending player.

8- Just the final black ball remains to be potted (worth 7 points), and Player A who is 4 points ahead attempts it. However, his aim is off and he misses hitting the black completely - a 7 points foul. What would be expected to happen next?

Player B wins frame as first foul on black ball game finishes the frame

9- What is the highest number of points that can theoretically be scored in a single shot? you gonna have to explain your answer . ( just a number is not good enough )*

Gaining a free ball on with still 15 reds, hit nominated free colour that counts as an extra red, pot this and all remaining 15 reds in one shot, scores 16 points in total.

10- With only the last 7 colours remaining, player A has fouled and left player B snookered on the yellow. So he nominates the blue as a free ball. After potting the blue, the white rolls into the yellow and knocks it in too. What is the outcome?

As its 7 colours left, the player is snookered on the yellow, but it doesn't say anything about him being snookered on the last red, so he's just been a bit of a twat and played the blue when he should've hit the last red. Foul 5 points awarded to his opponent as he hit the blue, yellow and blue go back on their spots and the offender is now forever known as "Billy Blue Balls"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Right, now I've just nicked Crafty's answers, but I'm changing the last answer.... Again.

1- How old was O'Sullivan when he made his first maximum 147 break in tournament play?

Amateur tour He compiled his first*maximum break*in the final of the 1991 British Amateur Championships at age 15

Pro tour 21yrs 138 days

2- How old was Ronnie when he made his first century break and what was scoring ?

10 years old 117 break

3 - In winning a match against Ali Carter at the 2007 Northern Ireland Trophy, what unique feat did O'Sullivan achieve?

4- Ronnie can also plays shots left-handed. When he first displayed this skill at the World Championship in 1996, his opponent made an official complaint stating that O'Sullivan had been disrespectful. Which Canadian player made this complaint and why ?

5- O'Sullivan was the first player to make 2 maximum breaks at the World Championship, achieving this feat first in 1997 and again in 2003. Which two players were on the receiving end?
    Did he won the match ?

6- how Did Ronni got his Nickname "Rocket" ? In which year and what why he got this Nickname ?

1992/93 season, won a best of 9 frame in 43 mins, so MC Alan Hughes nicknamed him The Rocket.

Rules of Snooker*

7- A player has potted a red, and on the next shot plays for a red, and pots it too. What is the outcome?

8- Just the final black ball remains to be potted (worth 7 points), and Player A who is 4 points ahead attempts it. However, his aim is off and he misses hitting the black completely - a 7 points foul. What would be expected to happen next?

9- What is the highest number of points that can theoretically be scored in a single shot? you gonna have to explain your answer . ( just a number is not good enough )*

Gaining a free ball on with still 15 reds, hit nominated free colour that counts as an extra red, pot this and all remaining 15 reds in one shot, scores 16 points in total.

10- With only the last 7 colours remaining, player A has fouled and left player B snookered on the yellow. So he nominates the blue as a free ball. After potting the blue, the white rolls into the yellow and knocks it in too. What is the outcome?

As its 7 colours left, the player is snookered on the yellow, but it doesn't say anything about him being snookered on the last red, so he's just been a bit of a twat and played the blue when he should've hit the last red. Foul 5 points awarded to his opponent as he hit the blue, yellow and blue go back on their spots and the offender is now forever known as "Billy Blue Balls"
    Lolz Iím lmfao here.

vCash

Just a general statement , people !!

I know everyone has a favorite fellow member.
    Does'nt matter lol , at the end the one with the most correct answers , gonna win.
    If there are more , than i'm gonna draw a name in a fair way .
    I hope we get as many members as possible .
    Everyone with the most correct answers has a chance to win.

In case you end up with nothing , you gonna take 2 extra points for the next quiz . So , it's always win-win situation.
    The trouble with quiz is, you gonna have to take each question literally and most people do'nt do that. .
    Draw is at 23-11-17 . so take your time . No rush .

There are more interesting prices with the following Quiz. ( Next month ) . S Hendry Quiz .
    With more difficult questions comperd to this one . So, get ready !!

I might even get in touch with Dean and Neil,. In case they have suggestions to make it more interesting for the Community (if that's okey with you guys).

For now , Take part of this one and win or take 2 extra points to the next quiz.
    Last edited by Ramon; 9th November 2017 at 01:50 AM.

vCash

O'Sullivan did not score 5 consecutive centuries in that match. He is the only one to score 5 centuries in best of nine match, though :-)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Check my update please buddy! I think i got it! (Post #24).
    I should change that last answer crafty if I was you. You're going to wear out the edit button lol
    @Cue crafty ,

My friend , would you please take Markz's advice and change that last answer . This way i can draw your name , bud .
    We have only 2 days . Draw at 23-11

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    21yrs 138 days

117 at 10yrs
    pro-event
    16yrs (just before his 17th)
    Dubai Classic Qualifiers - 136

Robideux - thought ROS was taking the Mickey.

1992 when he turned pro - for playing fast.

Player B (now with 3 points lead) has the choice to play or ask the offending player to play again either from where the balls lie or have the balls replaced.
    "Expected" to happen? - Player B plays the black.
    wrong answer
    Player B wins

15 - all reds potted in a single legal shot.

Player B scores 2 points, Blue respotted, yellow stays off the table, Player B continues their turn to the ball on - Green.
    Dean , would you please correct your answer regarding Q9 . ( so i can draw your name ).
    Thanks .

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Check my update please buddy! I think i got it! (Post #24).
    I should change that last answer crafty if I was you. You're going to wear out the edit button lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post

Pro tour 21yrs 138 days

10 years old 117 break

Did he won the match ?

Rules of Snooker*

Jonny , would you please correct your last answer ( Q10 ) ?

vCash

Guys ,

We have only 2 days until draw .
    I saw few members ( @JRC and @Hal ) posting few comments but no answers so far .

If you guys or other members are interested , Please post your list before Wednesday !!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    @Cue crafty ,

My friend , would you please take Markz's advice and change that last answer . This way i can draw your name , bud .
    We have only 2 days . Draw at 23-11
    All done mate. I don't deserve a last chance but will take it anyway! 😉

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast