Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shot choice

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
    Safety = boring, go for the fun shot, snooker is supposed to be fun, so get rid of silly fears and go for everything!
    I get more satisfaction from a well hit safety than a fluffed pot.

That double kiss black is easy to mess up and leave a sitter though, I don't think there is an easy shot in that situation.

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
    Safety = boring, go for the fun shot, snooker is supposed to be fun, so get rid of silly fears and go for everything!
    I get more satisfaction from a well hit safety than a fluffed pot.

That double kiss black is easy to mess up and leave a sitter though, I don't think there is an easy shot in that situation.
    Situation makes a difference here. 2 frame league match I'm not gonna be happy if I dig in first frame and bang the balls all over the shop = confidence death. Safety in that case if I don't really fancy it.

Playing a partner in practice? Dig in every time!
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    General thread for discussing shot choice.

Say you are up near the side cushion, blue is too thin and you'd need to dig in to the cue ball to get near the reds from a baulk colour. Do you play safe, leave a long red, or try the stupid dig in shot?
    Leave a long red, raising the butt of the cue is a no no for me, miss 50% of the time when doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
    As it is a general thread for discussing shot choice, a shot I always struggle with... It's a black ball game and the black is tight to the black cushion and the white is at least behind the baulk line and they are in line with each other or as good as.

Being undecided has caused me to lose 2 black ball games recently in the league I play in.

How do you lot play this shot?
    Play the black to middle of the baulk cushion via the side cushion with a ton of check side on the cue ball to keep it middle/ish of the top cushion.
    It's a difficult shot but has a wide margin for error regarding cue ball position, as long as you get the pace right, because the check side stops it following the black into baulk.

This is dan_ormerod's Country Flag

vCash

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will give them all a try.

I tried clipping it really thin and messed it up completely!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2