<

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Joe Davis - defeats on level terms

vCash

It was such a different sport in those days. The 1939/1940 Daily Mail Gold Cup for instance had just 7 competitors, started on 16 October and finished

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is Cyril's Country Flag

vCash

Yes, it takes a long time to play a tournament where the matches are all round robin and last 6 days, especially when you've only got one table!

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

That's why Joe carried on with the handicap matches to keep that stat?

Clive Everton wrote an interesting book on the olde days, politics

vCash

Which Clive book is it?

I've read 'Black Farce and Cue Ball Wizards: The Inside Story of the Snooker World' and it's absolutely freakin'

vCash

It's so good to hear Clive's voice on the ITV4 coverage.

You may not be interested in going back so far into history but I absolutely rec

Last edited by Cyril; 22nd March 2018 at 11:13 AM.

vCash

Black Farce... is fantastic. Hard going with all the wrangling stuff but still fascinating reading. I'd love to read more about snooker in the 1950s/

vCash

vCash

Thanks. Just found Joe's book for £11, most others were £40+!

vCash

You did very well to find that for £11. If itís in good condition itíll normally fetch £45. Let me know what you think.

vCash

Just finished reading it. An excellent book. Joe comes across as a humble man, which I gathered would be the case, despite his genius. I can see his r

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast