Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I quit?

vCash

Default Should I quit?

I'm at that age now where I've all but lost interest...

Business is booming, missus and kids are pretty much a job in themselves and my snooker room is pretty much just a store room that happens to have a snooker table in the middle of it.

When I play now... The standard is still decent, regular tons and what not... I played the consensus best player in our town about two months ago and beat him 6:4 on his own table.

I thought that might spur me into practicing a bit more but I just can't seem to find the will to get down and dirty on the table and put in the effort the game deserves.

I've signed up for teams on league nights but haven't attended anywhere near enough... I do miss it... but not enough to go into the room next door and start hitting some balls around.

So

Should I quit?
    Has anyone else on here near or above my standard made the same call before?

Will I regret it or will I feel like I have shed the burden of playing the game?

Any insight would be appreciated.

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Default Should I quit?

no where near your ability but I would say don't quit just take a year out and see how you feel at the end. If you, during this time, think about potting balls and snooker generally there is still a seed inside you for the game
    Go and farm trees (like ROS ) and come back and win the Worlds
    Decide in haste, regret in leisure
    Last edited by DeanH; 12th December 2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Bit cold for farming

It won't be hasty that's for sure... I might force myself with the stop watch to do an hour a day for the next week, see if I can't get a spark back?

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Default Should I quit?

I hear trees are difficult to herd (like cats) so should keep you warm
    Up the TSF!

This is guernseygooner's Country Flag

vCash

Went through the same about 10 years ago. Had done all that was relevant to me and couldn't even watch on TV anymore. My brother who was pretty decent at football told me you're long time retired and that struck a chord with me.

Now at 44 I'm playing some of my best stuff and love it again.

vCash

If this turns into a 100 page argument about tree farming it will be the best thread ever. I think you'd be better off farming something you can eat, carrots or peas.

vCash

Just take a break... (pun intended)
    Pick up a new hobby and discover new learning. It's all interchangeable...
    Sounds like you're not short of a few quid so why not go on a winter break with the family?
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    26-27 May 2018
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Your lad is a pretty good potter from what I remember, has he lost interest too ? Maybe concentrate for a while coaching him and see if it ignites any spark in you. Your table is always there so it's easy to just have an hour when the missus is ironing

This is trains's Country Flag

vCash

From what I've read from your posts in the past you've got a good Riley Aristocrat table at home yeah ?
    Maybe my take on snooker at the mo is a little skewed but being lucky enough to have a quality table in your own home and being a century player as well makes you a pro snooker player anyway regardless if you're on tour or not.

Your business is booming,then there's nothing to worry about mate,just keep your snooker room for storage and clear it out to play when you've got spare time,its heavy odds on there's plenty of pro's who'd be envious of your position too

This is rimmer10's Country Flag

vCash

I think you still love the game but you ran out of targets. Just enjoy playing for the sake of it. Or how about a new challenge?https://youtu.be/UwCqqE2Q3oc

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast