Thread: New cue - Does a 1/4" length make a difference?

vCash

Default New cue - Does a 1/4" length make a difference?

Hello, I'm pretty new to snooker, from the USA, sorry if this is a dumb question.

My current stick is 58", but I just placed an order for a better cue at 58.25" with the idea that it won't make a huge difference in playability and any ferrule/tip drama repairs down the line

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

Im leaning toward sticking with a 58", it's not too late to change the order. Please help me decide if I should!

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is dottcom's Country Flag

vCash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvgwbpAOpcA

It's

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

Thanks for the reply.

According to this video, 58" cue leaves me fractionally over an inch of cue left behind with a straight arme

vCash

I notice many pros around my height seem to stick with 58" even, however... though that may be a matter of them training entire lives with such a

vCash

vCash

So what would your verdict be? Thanks for being attentive to the post, I know this subject has probably been beaten to death on this forum.

vCash

vCash

Thanks for the help. Sent an update to change it, as I agree.

By the way, do cue makers typically measure from butt end to end of ferru

vCash

From my experience it differs with cuemakers.
    e.g.
    JP's 57" = butt to top of the tip
    Maximus + TW 57" = butt to top of