Thread: New Riley snooker cue tip problem

vCash

Default New Riley snooker cue tip problem

Good evening,

This is my first ever snooker cue. The tip is not like one I have seen in my local club. The surface where you would put the chalk is very flat and smaller than a 5 pence piece. Not a kind of mushroom shape I have seen on normal cues.

Obviously there's

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is Greg M's Country Flag

vCash

Hi, Jacob.

It sounds like the tip you have on your ferrule (that brass thing the tip is attached to) is a hard black tip that's fitted o

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    CUE:
    Woods 58" 3/4
    9.5mm (Elkmaster)
    17.8oz

This is neil taperell's Country Flag

vCash

Agree with Greg , get the tip changed .

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Neil

This is qc2's Country Flag

vCash

yes get the tip changed. someone at your local snooker club should be able to do it. if you state where in the world you are you may even get offers f

vCash

Thank you everyone. I'll get the tip changed. I am based in Nuneaton warwickhire if anyone knows how to do it?

This is Tomppa's Country Flag

vCash

Default New Riley snooker cue tip problem

It is a fairly easy thing to do, but might be a scary one at first few times you do it. Helpful skill to master though. There are some tutorials aroun

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

This is Dave Walton's Country Flag

vCash

Whilst I'd always change the tip on a new cue anyway, from what you describe it's just that the sidewall of the tip is high, the tip could be okay and