Thread: Ferrule redo Q.

vCash

Default Ferrule redo Q.

Hi- I damaged the ferrule bit on my cue & need to replace, but only ones I see on ebay for eg, are threaded. Mine ferrule has a part of it broken off, & you can see its just a cylinder w'out thread. Where do I find one of these?

Thanks

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is markz's Country Flag

vCash

vCash

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

I broke it cos I had a major (thats throwing my toys out pram) for the umteenth time at my infuriating table I play on. Ive broken 2 cues now. Ive nev

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

This is bigandyg's Country Flag

vCash

The threaded are in my opinion much more secure.

vCash

But if my cue wood end bit isnt threaded.. then a threaded ferrule is n/a unless cue sent to a pro to get cue end threaded, perfectly made to match th

vCash

You don't thread the wood the ferrule thread does that but your ferrule size needs to be right.

vCash

Ok understood.. & assuming I did get the correct size threaded one: if we're talking very hard ash, then how is the ferrule put on? it surely need

vCash

I just put tape round the ferrule to prevent it getting scratched and the put the ferrule in pliers and screw it on if its too tight take a little off