Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

This is Mellow Yellow's Country Flag

vCash

Default Aaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Ah thats better!

does anyone else run a league or comps and feel like they are banging their head against a brick wall. Some people are never bloody happy lol!

Just needed to vent my anger about all the ungrateful buggers who dont appreciate all that goes into organising leagues and comps for them to play in.

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

yep, been there and fixed the plastering on the walls!

Up the TSF!

This is neil taperell's Country Flag

vCash

Yep , taking over the running of my League next season . Been going for 120 plus years and no one else wanted to do it . 4 Divisions of 14 teams .........can't wait !!!
    Neil

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

I quit near the end of last season when my fellow committee members allowed a match to be rescheduled because of valentines day falling on a tuesday (league night) when league rules clearly state 'for bad weather only'. It's the first season in over 20 years that I haven't been involved and I haven't missed it at all.

Valentines day for pity's sake, one bloke was wining and dining his girl so he re-arranged the match even though they had 17 players signed on to make a team of 5.
    Like I've mentioned before there are league rules but no mandatory penalties for breaking them so the committe decide what to do when a rule is broken and every time it's a case of 'let it go' meaning it happens again and again and again because everyone knows nothing will ever be done, so this decision was the final straw for me.

vCash

If you put snooker before valentines day sex you're an idiot.

This is thai_son22's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    kind of agree with this hahaha

This is Shockerz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Should always agree to play first and then take your other half out!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Ah thats better!

does anyone else run a league or comps and feel like they are banging their head against a brick wall. Some people are never bloody happy lol!

Just needed to vent my anger about all the ungrateful buggers who dont appreciate all that goes into organising leagues and comps for them to play in.
    I've been a club captain of 4 teams for the last 4 years and run some 20 competitions over that period and also been a league secretary on top of this in another league.

One things for sure, one or tow people can suck the life out of everything you do and all the extra work that they reap the benefits of.

Some people just whine and whine especially over handicaps.

My stock answer has always been that if you feel that strongly that it isn't being done right then put your money where your outspoken mouth is and show me how it's done.

I think we have probably all lost it at some point.

This is Mellow Yellow's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

One things for sure, one or tow people can suck the life out of everything you do and all the extra work that they reap the benefits of.

My stock answer has always been that if you feel that strongly that it isn't being done right then put your money where your outspoken mouth is and show me how it's done.

this about sums it up on a yearly basis for me. Mine is a pool league by the way. Every year i say to myself this is the last season for me but i always end up involved again.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    this about sums it up on a yearly basis for me. Mine is a pool league by the way. Every year i say to myself this is the last season for me but i always end up involved again.
    Well that's the thing isn't it; by nature some people like to add energy to things and others like to drain energy from things.

When there are more people draining the energy out of something it dies!

I stopped running the 4 teams a few weeks ago to concentrate on my snooker website and trying to push more competitions as the snooker league secretary.

Once I've done that I'll hopefully have regained some energy and again help out a lot more in the local club. I still do now but don't advertise it or the whiners will jump on me when I walk through the door ad I just want to pick a cue up if they'll let me for a while!

Just get the moaners involved in something.

I've organised the odd one day competition and occasionally asked a negative guy to run it as supposedly I'm away. They get to do the handicaps and everything else, surprising how they sometimes change their view when they get moaned at for dodgy handicaps when it's their greatest beef.

Occasionally one of them realises and actually helps out in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast