Thread: Cushion Rubber

vCash

Default Cushion Rubber

I’ve just had new Northern rubber fitted to my table and the cushions are less bouncy than before. Does anybody know if this is a “bedding in” issue or is this as good as it gets. I can get 6 lengths out of by club table, 4.5 on my old rubbers and now barely 4.

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

i had Northern rubber fitted to my table about 2 years ago ive just had ago on my table and i got barely 4.all tho its cold in my shed

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is cpserrao's Country Flag

vCash

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

It used to be said that Northern rubber rubbers take a while to bed in. I was told the average playing time that I cant remember but it was a good tim

This is djax's Country Flag

vCash

It will take approximately 6 months (depending on usage) before you get the full benefit of newly fitted cushions? Apart from the rubber needing "

vCash

Cheers all. I just needed some reassurance and patience. The rubbers that came off were stamped B&W 1962 so replacement was well overdue.

vCash

The cushion cloth was replaced with 6811 club cloth I think.