<

Thread: Long blues video - is there anything wrong with my technique?

vCash

Default Long blues video - is there anything wrong with my technique?

Hi,

I went down the working mens club today and struggled with the line up. 33 was my best score. I then tried some long blues to try and sort my technique out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlXm65RE0fk

vCash

Sorry, the quality of that video is terrible! Anyway, I'm cueing a bit better now, had a 52 in the line up today, also 7 out of 10 long blues. My best in the line up is 80 odd, hopefully I can beat that soon.

This is tmax's Country Flag

vCash

Well done - nice cueing from what you can see in the video

Try using the extended spider to prop your phone on as a tripod, at the back of a chair - this will give you a good height to video from

ALSO video yourself in LANDSCAPE not portrait !!!! - In other words turn the phone on its side, this way we get more of you and the table and less of that lovely ceiling !!!!

This is Bigmeek's Country Flag

vCash

Nice, I'd be happy with 7/10. Think 6/10 is my best. I usually do the routine using reds to save having to retrieve the blue every time.
    Thx Tmax. Must try the spider and in Landscape.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tmax View Post
    Well done - nice cueing from what you can see in the video

Try using the extended spider to prop your phone on as a tripod, at the back of a chair - this will give you a good height to video from

ALSO video yourself in LANDSCAPE not portrait !!!! - In other words turn the phone on its side, this way we get more of you and the table and less of that lovely ceiling !!!!
    Thanks, I'll try propping the phone on a spider and also in portrait mode.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Nice, I'd be happy with 7/10. Think 6/10 is my best. I usually do the routine using reds to save having to retrieve the blue every time.
    Thx Tmax. Must try the spider and in Landscape.
    Thanks, yh, I was happy with 7 out of 10 long blues last night. I'm cueing ok actually, it's just in the line up I run out of position sometimes or I miss really easy balls through lack of concentration. Hopefully a line up ton will come in the next few months.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
    Thanks, yh, I was happy with 7 out of 10 long blues last night. I'm cueing ok actually, it's just in the line up I run out of position sometimes or I miss really easy balls through lack of concentration. Hopefully a line up ton will come in the next few months.
    To help with clearing the lineups, concentrate on running through to get position - you will clear quite a lot very quickly that way, and then realise you haven't missed yet - then the pressure builds

Film all your lineups - it will be the one time you don't film that you will clear them all !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tmax View Post
    To help with clearing the lineups, concentrate on running through to get position - you will clear quite a lot very quickly that way, and then realise you haven't missed yet - then the pressure builds

Film all your lineups - it will be the one time you don't film that you will clear them all !!!!
    Do you mean go for run through instead of screw/stun as much as possible? Is that just to keep pace out of the shot?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Do you mean go for run through instead of screw/stun as much as possible? Is that just to keep pace out of the shot?
    Basically yes !!!!!

Personally I use the lineup as a barometer of how I'm cueing - especially if I change anything, so I'm using it for practicing the new part of the action with easy shots

But when I'm cueing well and want to clear the lineup properly, I always find keeping it simple is best, especially around pink and blue - so easy to get a little diggy with screw - especially the easier ones if you don't pay enough attention, they catch you out !!!!!