Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Murhpy New Sighting Technique

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Did it correct your aim?
    According to the sightright, my aim was correct anyway. Problems elsewhere.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Cheers for that . I mentioned on here a good few months ago that an ex Pro told me about Pro's using side on a majority of their shots .

Yet a few members seemed to disagree .

Interesting that a current Pro comes out and says this ..........yet no reaction from members on here ???

It has helped me in my very bad attempt at playing this game !!
    Loads of pros have said this recently, Murphy, O'Sullivan and Dott from the top of my head. 3 former world champions, don't do it kids!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Loads of pros have said this recently, Murphy, O'Sullivan and Dott from the top of my head. 3 former world champions, don't do it kids!
    Maybe the 3 of them got together and decided to have a wind up.
    Side on every shot just isn't needed, if they say that they do that then fair play to them their already superhuman anyway.

Thats like when I done bodybuilding you would get everyone on the bodybuilding forums debating for days on Scwarzenegger's training plan diet and way he wiped his ass in the morning but none of it matters cos you would never have that guys genetics. Same as the snooker players who make it to professional top ranked players you can't play like them or expect to.

This is tomwalker147's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Strange that considering Ronnie says it's just little stuns and all centre ball when in and around the balls.
    I don't believe that pro's play the majority of shots with side. Yes maybe they do when they're using a cushion or when playing safe etc but I just can't see it when they're in prime position and it's all up and down the centre of the cue ball, soft stuns/run throughs etc.
    "just tap it in"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Strange that considering Ronnie says it's just little stuns and all centre ball when in and around the balls.
    I don't believe that pro's play the majority of shots with side. Yes maybe they do when they're using a cushion or when playing safe etc but I just can't see it when they're in prime position and it's all up and down the centre of the cue ball, soft stuns/run throughs etc.
    Osullivan is addressing centre ball when he's down in the scoring zone, you can see it at the venue if you have a good enough seat and your behind him looking down over the shot he's on centre so like I said when they say they play every shot with side I take it with a pinch of salt maybe they all got together and said let's wind up the amatuers or maybe they are referring to safety shots and pots using cushions as you said.

This is sealer's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    Osullivan is addressing centre ball when he's down in the scoring zone, you can see it at the venue if you have a good enough seat and your behind him looking down over the shot he's on centre so like I said when they say they play every shot with side I take it with a pinch of salt maybe they all got together and said let's wind up the amatuers or maybe they are referring to safety shots and pots using cushions as you said.
    I think what they mean is they cannot get themselves to cue perfect middle and their plain ball is a shot with side actually but it is very little and very consistent. On top of that they play normal side as in to create angles etc etc which good players will always be using quiet a lot even it it is fractions of centre.

This is tomwalker147's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    I think what they mean is they cannot get themselves to cue perfect middle and their plain ball is a shot with side actually but it is very little and very consistent. On top of that they play normal side as in to create angles etc etc which good players will always be using quiet a lot even it it is fractions of centre.
    Yes think I agree with that Sealer, good point well made.
    "just tap it in"

vCash

I agree that they are saying it's impossible to hit perfectly middle white and everyone puts a little unintentional on but if your good enough or cueing well enough then it shouldn't deviate from where you are aiming.

The point about creating angle with side again I've been told by some that 'im not good enough' to understand this one but I just don't see why there is a need to turn a ball over with side to position the cue ball somewhere. You can do it with stun, top or screw and guarantee the pot and not have to worry about the variable of judgement on throw or turning the ball over.

Again I'm not saying I don't use the technique when the situation requires it but just saying if i can achieve the same thing with centre ball to me its the safest option.

This is sealer's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    I agree that they are saying it's impossible to hit perfectly middle white and everyone puts a little unintentional on but if your good enough or cueing well enough then it shouldn't deviate from where you are aiming.

The point about creating angle with side again I've been told by some that 'im not good enough' to understand this one but I just don't see why there is a need to turn a ball over with side to position the cue ball somewhere. You can do it with stun, top or screw and guarantee the pot and not have to worry about the variable of judgement on throw or turning the ball over.

Again I'm not saying I don't use the technique when the situation requires it but just saying if i can achieve the same thing with centre ball to me its the safest option.
    You don't understand that every complex activity can be performed in many different ways. Snooker is like that and allows payers to express themselves and work out their own style. If you are at the top of your game in snooker like for instance Ronnie is he will be striking all over the cueball to get it to do what it does. What is more he will be using pace, rate of acceleration, tightness of grip and loads of other factors to do what he does. When he does it in his full subconscious flow it is mesmerising to look at. When you keep going on about centre ball striking it is like reducing a form of art to banging the ball in the middle. And no you cannot do with centre ball what you can do with touches of side.

vCash

You don't understand that every complex activity can be performed in many different ways. Snooker is like that and allows payers to express themselves and work out their own style. If you are at the top of your game in snooker like for instance Ronnie is he will be striking all over the cueball to get it to do what it does. What is more he will be using pace, rate of acceleration, tightness of grip and loads of other factors to do what he does. When he does it in his full subconscious flow it is mesmerising to look at. When you keep going on about centre ball striking it is like reducing a form of art to banging the ball in the middle. And no you cannot do with centre ball what you can do with touches of side.
    i love the way folk talk about side like itís some mesmeroising art form when itís actualt the reasons your missing half the time lol.

Keep it simple youíll find Ronnie does when you watch him heís hitting plain ball middle stun and screw in the balls if you donít believe buy a ticket to the next event near you and watch him do it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast