Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Miesta messing about"

This is Csmith's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    I took every consideration and measurement possible A little over left or down and the walls in the way (still is for some cushion shots). Tbh it sucks but much rather have a table with a few hampered shots than no table at all
    That's been my dilemma. We are looking for a house and at this point I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to have a perfect room size. So now I'm trying to determine what I can live with lol. I'm starting to think that the width of the room might be more important than length for practice purposes.

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Default "Miesta messing about"

why not find the right house but with a plot and have a potting shed
    Up the TSF!

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
    That's been my dilemma. We are looking for a house and at this point I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to have a perfect room size. So now I'm trying to determine what I can live with lol. I'm starting to think that the width of the room might be more important than length for practice purposes.
    Ah I feel you man, my advice is to sacrifice a single side like I did. Its important to have the bulk colour short rail free to practice good safety as well as the black cushion short rail. As long as you have 1 long rail completely unhampered then you can practice line ups and such freely atleast from 1 side. But the idea is to isolate the problem to a single side rather than have it occurring in multiple areas which will get really annoying when trying to break build (trust me been there)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    very nicely done, especially with a very tight line up of the reds; do you find that easier than a loose arrangement up to (and maybe beyond) the blue?
    I did not count but I think you only had two shots on the green side of the black
    Cheers man. Yea I actually prefer the reds closer together and under the blue because I usually only play for the blacks and pinks / practice 147s. For the other colours I normally just spread the reds around and cherry pick shots to practice. Haha yea I rarely shoot from the green side....despite the lack of practice I'm normally okay from that side anyway

vCash

Unfortunately most of the places in the suburbs don't have much of a backyard. So it would have to be a shed that takes up the majority of the backyard. But I have considered it for sure, I'd love to have a space to play without sacrificing an entertainment room in the basement.

Oma, that's an interesting perspective I hadn't thought about sacrificing one of the sides. My initial thought was sacrificing the black cushion a bit since any time I'm shooting straight down table with the cue ball stuck to the black cushion it's a safety. As long as I can cue comfortably to play reds into the side from below the pink I should be ok.

Or *gasp* I may have to get a pool table.

vCash

Unfortunately most of the places in the suburbs don't have much of a backyard. So it would have to be a shed that takes up the majority of the backyard. But I have considered it for sure, I'd love to have a space to play without sacrificing an entertainment room in the basement.

Oma, that's an interesting perspective I hadn't thought about sacrificing one of the sides. My initial thought was sacrificing the black cushion a bit since any time I'm shooting straight down table with the cue ball stuck to the black cushion it's a safety. As long as I can cue comfortably to play reds into the side from below the pink I should be ok.

What part of Canada are you from, do I know you from any tournaments by any chance? If youre not too far away, youre welcome to come practice with me anytime!

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

I thought everywhere in Canadia had loads of real estate
    Hope of Oma can find a cool place

Jealous. ... not
    Up the TSF!

vCash

I thought everywhere in Canadia had loads of real estate
    Hope of Oma can find a cool place

Jealous. ... not
    Well there is a lot of unused space in this country . Real estate is sadly getting more expensive every year though.

vCash

especially if you live in Toronto....hope is lost for us Millennials...
    Last edited by OmaMiesta; 26th January 2018 at 08:33 PM.

This is dcrackers147's Country Flag

vCash

Nicely done...long snake like cueing reminded me a little of Anthony Hamilton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast