Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: 147 Challenge

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

    Posts
    749
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    Well Done Oma, you have been a busy bee.. and its paying off. Cheers Rolly C. sends from Kingston
    Cheers Rolly, howve you been, hows your game?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    This is sharkster63's Country Flag

    Posts
    755
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Cheers Rolly, howve you been, hows your game?
    My game is not at the century mark, I have achieved a 88 and 78 against my practice partner, we make 40 - 60 breaks quite often, we play a very safe and tactical game, its good practice, try not to leave anything easy for each other. I am getting much more consistent, I don't miss as many easy pots and get my shape more often than not. I will get down and try the line up, I have never tried this. I usually play a against myself in practice, break, safety play, etc... I have a camera so you never know, I might get down and try this for a few weeks. I have the worst pain in my shoulder for last few days, i think I injured it while shoveling my driveway for the 100th time. Cheers and Well Done...
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

    Posts
    749
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    My game is not at the century mark, I have achieved a 88 and 78 against my practice partner, we make 40 - 60 breaks quite often, we play a very safe and tactical game, its good practice, try not to leave anything easy for each other. I am getting much more consistent, I don't miss as many easy pots and get my shape more often than not. I will get down and try the line up, I have never tried this. I usually play a against myself in practice, break, safety play, etc... I have a camera so you never know, I might get down and try this for a few weeks. I have the worst pain in my shoulder for last few days, i think I injured it while shoveling my driveway for the 100th time. Cheers and Well Done...
    Ah sorry bout your shoulder but good to hear your playing well and practicing. Deff give the line up a go, can be fun and challenging but come by for a few frames if you're ever in the city!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    I've tried this a few nights solo got down to the 13th and 14th red a few times will give it another week to see if i can clear it if not I'll video my best attempt never tried to max the line up i always wind up taking few pinks to clear it so this has been a good new challenge for me with the line up thanks to Omamiesta for sharing.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

    Posts
    749
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    I've tried this a few nights solo got down to the 13th and 14th red a few times will give it another week to see if i can clear it if not I'll video my best attempt never tried to max the line up i always wind up taking few pinks to clear it so this has been a good new challenge for me with the line up thanks to Omamiesta for sharing.
    Great attempts, looks like youre getting closer. Just out of curiosity, how did you set up the reds? Its much harder having them too far up until the blue. I always have more in between pink and black and maybe just 4 above the pink and 4 below black. Easier to stay around black area that way. Good luck!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Great attempts, looks like youre getting closer. Just out of curiosity, how did you set up the reds? Its much harder having them too far up until the blue. I always have more in between pink and black and maybe just 4 above the pink and 4 below black. Easier to stay around black area that way. Good luck!
    4 below, 7 to the pink and 4 between the blue and pink as you say mate but ive done it with 3 below and 5 above at the blue aswell got close couple times aswell I'll get it sooner or later and then i'll have you to thank for giving me the challenge to do my first line up 147 i must say it has helped my cueing especially when playing high on the black i have so much confidence in that shot now literally from any angle or position high where as before it probably wasnt my strongest shot now it is up there.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

    Posts
    749
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    4 below, 7 to the pink and 4 between the blue and pink as you say mate but ive done it with 3 below and 5 above at the blue aswell got close couple times aswell I'll get it sooner or later and then i'll have you to thank for giving me the challenge to do my first line up 147 i must say it has helped my cueing especially when playing high on the black i have so much confidence in that shot now literally from any angle or position high where as before it probably wasnt my strongest shot now it is up there.
    Nice dude, good to hear its motivating you and you're improving.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    This is sharkster63's Country Flag

    Posts
    755
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    My shoulder is getting better, thank god for modern medication. (pain relief) I should be back down practicing in a few days. I will do the same as Darek P, I will go for a couple of weeks and try to achieve or will post my best attempt. Cheers
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SWLondon

    Posts
    5,834
    vCash
    1000

    Default

    tested a couple maple shafts for a commiisson piece this morning, and seeing as i have a new tip on my cue i though i would join in the funn..


  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Darlington, UK
    This is jrc750's Country Flag

    Posts
    14,215
    vCash
    700

    Default

    You made some of those shots look very easy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •