Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Last post for a while but advice sought

This is markz's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snookclops View Post
    Mainly line up, but I had some routines like blacks off the spot. After probably 10 - 15 hours 5 in a row my best. Also, pinks off spot and stuff like pot pink and white follow.
    From what you say I think your expectations are too high. At the level you're playing there isn't much between playing poor or playing well. Sounds like you must have faults in your technique if after 15 hours you are only able to do 5 blacks in a row. Definitely look up a coach or maybe ask on here for any local players near you that might be willing to help. Or as said earlier post a video for guys to have a look at.
    Last edited by markz; 2nd February 2018 at 10:53 PM.

vCash

I have only one eye that properly works. I wonder if that limits me, but Iím not sure if that actually counts given players with glasses have won WC! My one good eye is solid. Great vision in my left eye. I will post vids and get a coach. Perhaps, if the forum can get me to a 50, this will be a victory for the forum. Whoís with me? :-)

vCash

I have only one eye that properly works. I wonder if that limits me, but I’m not sure if that actually counts given players with glasses have won WC! My one good eye is solid. Great vision in my left eye. I will post vids and get a coach. Perhaps, if the forum can get me to a 50, this will be a victory for the forum. Who’s with me? :-)
    I'd imagine that's going to be a major disadvantage, it's hard enough to learn with two eyes and good eyesight. Try play for fun a bit more, might help you relax and beat your mate more often.

vCash

Most players are one eye dominant. So I figure itís not a big deal. If youíre dominant one eye youíre basically using one eye. It wonít hold me back, I will frickjng get a 50! Iíve had 36 in practice with one eye. Itís going to happen.

vCash

Most players are one eye dominant. So I figure it’s not a big deal. If you’re dominant one eye you’re basically using one eye. It won’t hold me back, I will frickjng get a 50! I’ve had 36 in practice with one eye. It’s going to happen.
    I did read on twitter and Facebook that a guy who is partially sighted made his first 147 recently in a game.

https://www.wdbs.info/neale-celebrates-147-break/
    Last edited by markz; 2nd February 2018 at 09:53 PM.

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Most players are one eye dominant. So I figure itís not a big deal. If youíre dominant one eye youíre basically using one eye. It wonít hold me back, I will frickjng get a 50! Iíve had 36 in practice with one eye. Itís going to happen.
    That's not true, you use both eyes

vCash

****, I should give up then!

To be fair I was never great at hand eye. Iím a great communicator and Iím a high end salesman for a big investment firm. Iím naturally competitive so I canít give up the challenge of snooker, but perhaps I should just play shyt players and not try to compete seriously because only one eye works. I can beat anyone for effort, but if I spent my snooker time working Iíd be about 60,000 better off! I just canít give up the challenge
    Last edited by Snookclops; 2nd February 2018 at 10:11 PM.

This is Bigmeek's Country Flag

vCash

****, I should give up then!
    FFS mate relax and enjoy this wonderful game. Rule number one is appreciate that your never going to be world champion. Set yourself some realistic targets and try to achieve them. Try to be as good as you can with your God given talents.
    I've been playing the game for over 50 years and have NEVER achieved a competitive 50. Doesn't stop me trying! Got the same problems as you with only one eye but never seen it as an hindrance.
    Bit of coaching/encouragement, hours on the practice table will pay dividends eventually.

vCash

Can't offer any advice except to enjoy the challenge regardless of whether you improve or not and I think the great Joe Davis was blind in one eye and he did ok.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    FFS mate relax and enjoy this wonderful game. Rule number one is appreciate that your never going to be world champion. Set yourself some realistic targets and try to achieve them. Try to be as good as you can with your God given talents.
    I've been playing the game for over 50 years and have NEVER achieved a competitive 50. Doesn't stop me trying! Got the same problems as you with only one eye but never seen it as an hindrance.
    Bit of coaching/encouragement, hours on the practice table will pay dividends eventually.
    I don't think some beginners realise how hard it is to reach 50 break standard. I admire your honesty stating in 50 years you've never had one. I've heard all sorts of nonsense about high breaks, latest one was a guy struggling on line up but had a 134 ten years ago where all the balls were close to being in a line lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast