Thread: Nominated ball between cue ball and object ball

vCash

Question Nominated ball between cue ball and object ball

I just had a game of snooker where I received a free ball. I nominated the blue in order to pot it but the blue came off the jaws to rest between the cue ball and the only remaining red. My opponent said it was a foul as I had, in his words, "snookered" him behind the nominated ball. I was a litt

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Your opponent was correct, you can not snooker behind a nominated free ball - by mistake or purpose.

One exception, you can when only the

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Last edited by DeanH; 11th February 2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

I thought a snooker is when you cannot hit either edge, It is interesting. So if I am correct if you nominate a colour as your free ball and leave i

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

vCash

Thank you. Having been playing for a number of years I find myself reflecting on the term snooker. "Are you snookered?" "No! I can hit the edge."