Thread: Cue Cleaning

vCash

Default Cue Cleaning

I havn't removed the lacquer from my snooker cue because I fear it might start bending. However, I want to get rid of the chalk stains on the cue. Should I use wood cleaners on top of the lacuquer? Will a cue towel be useful for cleaning after playing?

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

Removing the lacquer won't make the cue bend. It's just a finish. If it's sticking to your hand and bothering you, there's plenty of threads on here w

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

Tissue and water has always worked for me. Get a wad of tissue, wet it under a tap and wipe up and down the cue while pinching the ferrule so you don'

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

vCash

When I apply any wood cleaner or water, is it ok to apply it on top of the lacquer?

vCash

Also, How do I clean the cue splice? That part of my cue is kind of messy

This is Rob153's Country Flag

vCash

I normally just use baby wipes then a rub down with a micro-fibre cloth

vCash

This is sharkster63's Country Flag

vCash

I use windex or alcool, it evaporates so does not get sucked into the wood. Damp the rag with a little windex, wipe down the whole cue a couple of tim

I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

vCash

Lidl sell packets of wipes for 35p or 39p they are brilliant and easily fit in your case . They also dont leave a sticky residue . I use one and you r