Thread: Aiming when standing up before playing the shot

vCash

Default Aiming when standing up before playing the shot

Today I practised solo for about 2 hours. I arrived at the conclusion that my method of aiming wasn't right. I changed my routine to aiming when standing up on the shot, putting my right foot on the line of aim and then getting down on the shot and then not second guessing myself. I found my potting really improved. It was also a more enjoyable way to play.

This is thai_son22's Country Flag

vCash

i think thats wher most of the aiming is suppose to happen. determining the line when you are behind the part of the cue ball you are trying to strike and onto the object ball

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    i think thats wher most of the aiming is suppose to happen. determining the line when you are behind the part of the cue ball you are trying to strike and onto the object ball
    Yh, I found I was more accurate and the game became more enjoyable, not dithering when down on the shot about the right angle.

vCash

I do the same with the approach to the line of aim and I'll stand back from the table and my right leg (I play right handed) will be in line with the shot and I'll push the butt of the cue in to my hip when I've got the shot worked out which is the signal for me to bend down moving the left leg slightly forward in a boxing stance while trying to keep the same line and if I do I should be golden. If it doesn't feel right or if I see the cue tip move left or right when down on the shot I always get back up and start again.

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

I also find it better to stand and look at the line of aim with both feet in the position of my boxer stance rather than be square on and having to twist slightly as I get down.

vCash

Indeedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE

Simple straight forward fundamentals, no "this has to be here" that there" confusion.....