Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did Mark Selby select this shot at the Pool WPC 2006 Final again Derren Appleton?

vCash

Default Why did Mark Selby select this shot at the Pool WPC 2006 Final again Derren Appleton?

I was watching the Selby v. Appleton Pool WCP 2006 Final (available here) and I was surprised by Mark's shot selection. In particular, this was the situation (Selby was with yellows):

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

looking at your selection, i not sure you would get on the yellow to the middle as you indicated, i think there is a chance the cueball would flick of

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Last edited by alabadi; 29th March 2018 at 12:29 PM.

vCash

He knows that if he gets on the yellow to middle as intended then at his level it's basically game over. With a cannon something might more easily go

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Last edited by jamesg19851; 29th March 2018 at 12:26 PM.

This is Cyril's Country Flag

vCash

I would have played your shot myself but I guess he was thinking the golden rule that canons can always go wrong and he wanted to eliminate that possi

Last edited by Cyril; 29th March 2018 at 12:48 PM.

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

I don't play pool but whatever works is the right shot surely 😆

vCash

I think they're both pretty risky, cannons can always go wrong and leave you on nothing, but the route he took could easily have left him snookered on

This is billabong's Country Flag

vCash

If they all pot, without a canon, leave them alone.

That seems to be the way the top guys do it.

vCash

Thank you all for your answers. I guess the thing to take away here is that cannons are evil unless you absolutely have no other choice.

This is warren132's Country Flag

vCash

Suppose thats why he is the only person to have won the world pool championship and world snooker championship.

Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

vCash

If all 3 go, then why canon? Imh(umble)opinion it would be riskier here than Snooker, due to the smaller table.....

Btw: is this the one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast