Thread: Nominated ball

vCash

Default Nominated ball

I am watching World Championship 2018 on Eurosport.
    I havent seen any nomination of the ball even in unclear situations with a exception of the freeball.
    Are balls really nominated by players ? I am on colours after potting a red. Does it mean that I must nominate any colour ?

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

the rule states
    A nominated ball is the object ball which the striker declares, or indicates to the satisfaction of the referee, he undertake

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Last edited by DeanH; 2nd May 2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

As Dean says, 'nomination' can be by 'indication' (pointing with cue or finger or general direction of cueing) or 'declaration (a verbal statement).
    -- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is HemiRR's Country Flag

vCash

If you pot a red and end up with a touching ball on a colour, you need to nominate verbally every time.

vCash