Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Site right

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    Heard marco fu has joined the team.
    not surprised, after all the eyes problems and the surgery; I am not surprised that he is doubting what he sees and how he plays
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Can anyone explain exactly what SiteRight is and does for players? I feel like I'm missing something.

From what I gather, there's an indented sight on the cue, that helps a player ensure they are lining up the shot properly as they get into the shot. Then they drill in the idea of keeping extremely still and not moving off the line they have walked in on (hence Mark J William's cueing with his eyes shut in the worlds).

Is there anything else to it?

Do SiteRight players like MJW have the sight on their normal cue or just practice with one? I couldn't see anything noticeable on his cue at the worlds.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working for some people!

This is narl's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bolty View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what SiteRight is and does for players? I feel like I'm missing something.

From what I gather, there's an indented sight on the cue, that helps a player ensure they are lining up the shot properly as they get into the shot. Then they drill in the idea of keeping extremely still and not moving off the line they have walked in on (hence Mark J William's cueing with his eyes shut in the worlds).

Is there anything else to it?

Do SiteRight players like MJW have the sight on their normal cue or just practice with one? I couldn't see anything noticeable on his cue at the worlds.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working for some people!
    Some of them play with cues with that line thing on it, others seem to use one in practice to help with their alignment.

This is Steve748's Country Flag

vCash

If I got a laser pen and taped it to my cue would that be along the same lines as a sightrite?

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

I think this is just yet another 'system' which it seems we see the next 'new' thang every year or two. If you choose your line of aim then drop the head and shoulders straight down on that line and then stay still on the shot which is something most coaches have agreed with and taught for years, then you should make the pot if you can deliver the cue straight.

This can be done with or without the amazing new 'SiteRight' device and training but perhaps this device makes it easier to understand and explain techniques which have been around for years.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

This is Mark187187's Country Flag

vCash

I think the broken line is a small part of the method. My understanding is its a tool to how you position yourself to sight when lining up and aporoaching. Some people sight under one eye, some down the middle. I think sight right helps you position your head more precisely to get rid of the subtle sighting variations different amounts of eye dominance create. I honestly think most people do this naturally or their brain adapts, but at a high level I suppose something subtle can make a larger difference competitively

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    If I got a laser pen and taped it to my cue would that be along the same lines as a sightrite?
    No. You'd just look absolutely mental.

vCash

Cyclops with a cue

vCash

czxsadasdzbdgs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2