Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cue action verifivation

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

all of that is irrelevant as long as your comfortable and can consistently cue straight. Just do the cue ball down middle table and practice straight cueing a lot. if you cant get that down then think about making changes.

vCash

This forum is the worst place in the world for advice.

You look like you need someone to properly have a look at your set-up. It's too complicated to just say move your hand back a fraction. There's all kinds of things you need to consider to have good fundamental technique.

As I say, I'm afraid it's too complicated to make a correct assessment from looking at a video of you from that one specific angle.

vCash

Have a look at the link I posted in the SiteRite thread?

I had a quick look at clips, but nowhere near as quick as your action....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

You look like you need someone to properly have a look at your set-up. It's too complicated to just say move your hand back a fraction. There's all kinds of things you need to consider to have good fundamental technique.

As I say, I'm afraid it's too complicated to make a correct assessment from looking at a video of you from that one specific angle.
    Totally agree

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

in my country there is no coach or any palyer who care about the fundamentals ... all what i can doo is keep trying so plz if you have any advice you wellcom , you may save a lot of my time by only some words
    big thnx fo you all

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play 😆

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

I had a look at your old video and your grip position on the butt of the cue is fine. In your new video you have moved the grip further up the butt, but in both videos you're doing the same thing with your upper arm dropping into the stroke, cueing from the shoulder instead of from the elbow.
    There is a very fine line between hitting the cue ball before or after the upper arm drops into the stroke and although holding the cue further down the butt should prevent this, your cue action is one where the shoulder and elbow move together on the delivery stroke, although they don't on your feathers before the strike.

You need to feel what you're doing on your feathers and bring that feeling into the delivery stroke because at the moment they are two separate actions, how you feather is how you should be delivering the cue on the strike.
    When you stop the cue going forward at the cue ball on your feathers, take that into the delivery stroke and strike through the cue ball but stop the cue going forward when the grip hand closes at about ten inches past the cue ball rather than the couple of feet it travels now.
    Control the delivery stroke to a definite end point using just your elbow joint, just like you do on your feathers rather than let it go all the way to your body and beyond by bringing the shoulder into the delivery stroke as you do now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play ��
    I preferred to think that it has been added afterwards...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play 😆
    thank you i really apreciate you advice , and sometimes during a mach it disturbe my cocentration , but for now im focusing in my technique and where how im holding the cue ... not related to music ....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I had a look at your old video and your grip position on the butt of the cue is fine. In your new video you have moved the grip further up the butt, but in both videos you're doing the same thing with your upper arm dropping into the stroke, cueing from the shoulder instead of from the elbow.
    There is a very fine line between hitting the cue ball before or after the upper arm drops into the stroke and although holding the cue further down the butt should prevent this, your cue action is one where the shoulder and elbow move together on the delivery stroke, although they don't on your feathers before the strike.

You need to feel what you're doing on your feathers and bring that feeling into the delivery stroke because at the moment they are two separate actions, how you feather is how you should be delivering the cue on the strike.
    When you stop the cue going forward at the cue ball on your feathers, take that into the delivery stroke and strike through the cue ball but stop the cue going forward when the grip hand closes at about ten inches past the cue ball rather than the couple of feet it travels now.
    Control the delivery stroke to a definite end point using just your elbow joint, just like you do on your feathers rather than let it go all the way to your body and beyond by bringing the shoulder into the delivery stroke as you do now.
    hi thank you sir for hour time and effort ...
    i moved my grip position to get my hand perpedecular ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast