Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fixing A Fault: Cue Action Veering to Left (with videos)

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

just my 2 cent

I think Terry nailed it, the head raising on strike is a major issue, you need to stay absolutely still. until you can do that there is no point at looking at any other issues because by moving any other flaw in your cueing won't matter .

i would also say make sure there is space between the cue and your hip. because i have had this issue for years cueing across and to the left. a coach i visited noticed the cue had no room for my back hand to hit the chest in a straight line because it had to go round my hip first.

keep practicing and good luck

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    i would also say make sure there is space between the cue and your hip. because i have had this issue for years cueing across and to the left.
    Same here - I try and approach more from the side so my stance is less straight on. In practice try bending forward over the cue, as opposed to down the line of the shot then bringing left shoulder in line. This may help you find the middle ground.....

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Same here - I try and approach more from the side so my stance is less straight on. In practice try bending forward over the cue, as opposed to down the line of the shot then bringing left shoulder in line. This may help you find the middle ground.....
    I think everyone should find what works for them by experimenting, the main issue is knowing what the issue is then finding solutions for that issue. everyone is built different, might have issues with back, neck , knees ...etc, which would dictate how they address the cueball . so each person needs to find their middle ground. no one style fits all.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    I think everyone should find what works for them by experimenting, the main issue is knowing what the issue is then finding solutions for that issue. everyone is built different, might have issues with back, neck , knees ...etc, which would dictate how they address the cueball . so each person needs to find their middle ground. no one style fits all.
    Indeed, there is no "one fix cures all". As long as the cue is online for a few mm's before and after contact with the CB, and this is repeatable....

vCash

Wow! Thanks for all the replies. I'll have a read through now and get back to them as soon as I can.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4