Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fixing A Fault: Cue Action Veering to Left (with videos)

vCash

loosen your grip and focus on accurate striking of the cue ball, what happens after that is irrelevant.

vCash

I do love this forum.

A 30/40 break lad posts a video looking for help and it's all about whether or not his elbow is dropping, following through too far or there's a subtle error in his grip.

OP, you can't really see a pattern in your videos as it's poor quality and only 4 isolated shots. Set a camera up and just film yourself knocking balls about, unedited for 10 minutes or so... Folks like Terry will pick up on obvious errors and you can correct them but most people on here will regurgitate something they've read on here, can't do and will never fully understand.

Tedisbill had it bang on from the start and then it descended a touch.

You look very tense and it's as if you're trying to saw your thumb off... Slow down a touch and relax. Slow backswing, deliver the cue cleanly.

A better video will help to get better advice.

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

pottr:

I thought you had retired from snooker to relax a bit. You're right about the OP though but controlling his need to 'pop up' will help and everyone can use a slower backswing, even me.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

vCash

Default Fixing A Fault: Cue Action Veering to Left (with videos)

Any slower and we might stop entirely

vCash

Default Same problem

Hi Terry this is my first time on this forum i have same problem. I don't know why i can't post new thread. Can i contact you through email, facebook or whatsapp?

vCash

I have recorded few videos from front and back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    I do love this forum.

A 30/40 break lad posts a video looking for help and it's all about whether or not his elbow is dropping, following through too far or there's a subtle error in his grip.

OP, you can't really see a pattern in your videos as it's poor quality and only 4 isolated shots. Set a camera up and just film yourself knocking balls about, unedited for 10 minutes or so... Folks like Terry will pick up on obvious errors and you can correct them but most people on here will regurgitate something they've read on here, can't do and will never fully understand.

You look very tense and it's as if you're trying to saw your thumb off... Slow down a touch and relax. Slow backswing, deliver the cue cleanly.

Yep. totally agree (for min chars)

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by motasimalibhatti View Post
    Hi Terry this is my first time on this forum i have same problem. I don't know why i can't post new thread. Can i contact you through email, facebook or whatsapp?
    You cannot post because you have less than 10 posts and none of the extras will work for you until you do. So respond to a few of the strings on here and then post up a link to your videos. Make sure they are public and everyone on here will likely take a look and comment.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

should be able to start a new thread from zero posts (AFAIK)

motasimalibhatti - are you using pc or app version?

on PC go to the Coaching Questions sub-forum; then on the left just under the heading-pane and adverts you should see a light orange button "+ Post New Thread"
    Last edited by DeanH; 12th June 2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Happy viewing...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghDM8pXZ3b4

I am sure in another vid that he talks about the cue going round the body (to the left for right handers and ice versa) so a vid showing if the path is clear may help; and your raising head may be part of it (from vid 1) ie creating space for hand\forearm...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast