Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: cue moving from the midle if the chin to diminatiin side

vCash

all top players started with a coach so he will teach them to aim under there dominant eye ...

This is dottcom's Country Flag

vCash

We all sight differently, could be 10% left/90% right, 20%left/80%right, 50/50. Both eyes are required to determine distance. So even thou a player is right eye dominant he can still cue down the middle of his chin, also your stance can affect this as well, because a boxer (side-on) stance is different to a square on stance. I would suggest you create the Steve davis sighting tool from old yellow pages/magazines so you can see exactly where your cue should be.

http://poolplayingtips.com/wp-conten...1-cue-ball.jpg

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
    all top players started with a coach so he will teach them to aim under there dominant eye ...
    Hardly any pro players started with a coach.
    Many go to one as their game drops as they get older
    Up the TSF!

This is Terry Davidson's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
    Where do people get such wrong ideas? Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    ??? almost all of them do lol. Some slightly dominant others more extreme but i can count them on my hands of all the top players that dont.
    I can only think of Ding and Ali Carter and even their heads are very slightly turned to the right with cue centre chin so not exactly 50/50.

vCash

Incorrect

Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
    Correct

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Where do people get such wrong ideas? Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
    I mentioned you and a post, without quoting as it would have spoiled the delusion\fun, lol.

You posted elsewhere about cueing under inner eye or under chin as easier on the back, and the eyes adjust, or something very similar?
    Last edited by blahblah01; 1st June 2018 at 09:17 PM.

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I can only think of Ding and Ali Carter and even their heads are very slightly turned to the right with cue centre chin so not exactly 50/50.
    exactly, ding and carter are slightly left eye dominant. The only ones I can think of that appear centre off top of my head are Yupeng, Wilson, Davis, Williams, Holt, but even they all appear to turn head slightly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    exactly, ding and carter are slightly left eye dominant.
    How do you know that?

Selby?

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    How do you know that?

Selby?
    I've asked Dings old coach but you can also clearly see it lol. Selby is obviously cueing under his left eye as well....google search images.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast