Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what to practice befor the line up ? (for cue delivriing ...)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
    That's one of my goals, the best I've had in a line up is 80 odd. That is achievable if you're practising a lot, just got to be dedicated really and see a coach to make sure you're technique is sound.

My problem is that I haven't been putting the time in but I'm going to give it a good go so I'm at a decent standard by the start of the snooker season.
    The OP was talking about just clearing 15 red balls lined up in the middle of the table. There's no way someone would clear a proper line-up with colours after each red within 2-3 months.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    The OP was talking about just clearing 15 red balls lined up in the middle of the table. There's no way someone would clear a proper line-up with colours after each red within 2-3 months.
    Sorry, think you're right there, head's been a bit scrambled. I'll get in contact some point over the next couple of months for a lesson. I've been playing more but not doing enough solo practice, so am going to commit more.

vCash

Tbh that's more what's I do even if not always in line with pink and black. But is very screw\stun based.

I'm on phone so struggling to post a YouTube link: go there and search: Stephen Lee snooker lesson: it has more running shots and he speaks loads of sense despite some idiotic questions...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    I think he meant with colours.

My post above was to the ROS post.

Mighill (drinkled spelling) has a good routine around the blue and one with Reds on cushion using Black.

This is jrc750's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    I think he meant with colours.

My post above was to the ROS post.

Mighill (drinkled spelling) has a good routine around the blue and one with Reds on cushion using Black.
    Nope reds only mate being talked about 

vCash

Watching the video link of Ronnie in this thread, it struck me as to how much backspin he gets on his screw shots by striking the cueball nowhere near as low as I do. When I play a screw shot, and very often not that successfully, you would have a job getting a piece of paper between my tip and the cloth. Ronnie seems to get quite a bit of action on the ball just by striking below centre. Am I doing something wrong?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
    Watching the video link of Ronnie in this thread, it struck me as to how much backspin he gets on his screw shots by striking the cueball nowhere near as low as I do. When I play a screw shot, and very often not that successfully, you would have a job getting a piece of paper between my tip and the cloth. Ronnie seems to get quite a bit of action on the ball just by striking below centre. Am I doing something wrong?
    He aims a bit higher, but when he actually strikes he will dip and strike a bit lower.

You aim very low, but then when you actually hit, you'll come up a bit and hit higher on the white.

That's all it is.

That... And exceptional timing and thousands of hours of practice.

This is OmaMiesta's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    What's wrong with using the line-up to determine how well you're cueing?

If the balls are going in... Chances are, you're cueing straight.
    Haha trust me, I don't cue straight half the time but they still find their way in sometimes
    Last edited by OmaMiesta; 5th June 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3