Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clearing the colours -Beginner Guide

vCash

Default Clearing the colours -Beginner Guide

Hi all!

A little video here with a few tips for beginners when clearing the colours.

Subscribe to my channel if you find this useful. I'm hoping to make all kinds of videos.

Also please like the video if you enjoy it. That just helps me get noticed and get snooker on the map!

Thanks everyone!
    Qualified WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

vCash

It’s crazy how many poor club players you see that have been playing the game for decades yet have never managed to clear the colours from their spots!

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    It’s crazy how many poor club players you see that have been playing the game for decades yet have never managed to clear the colours from their spots!
    To be honest the colours are very rarely on their spots in average league/match play, that happens when the standard gets higher.

This is ace man's Country Flag

vCash

One of my favourite drills.
    When I practise these clearances, I do get them at least one third of a time, but some of them are quite ugly with lucky recovery shots to be honest. Very difficult to play all 6 shots EXACTLY as you intended, but if you do, it's very rewarding.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ace man View Post
    One of my favourite drills.
    When I practise these clearances, I do get them at least one third of a time, but some of them are quite ugly with lucky recovery shots to be honest. Very difficult to play all 6 shots EXACTLY as you intended, but if you do, it's very rewarding.
    It's good fun to be honest clearing the colours. Nothing wrong with using this as practice. It uses lots of shots that will crop up in real frames so it can't hurt.

This is inevermissblue's Country Flag

vCash

Great video. I've noticed the same as the others. Most club players can't clear the colours. Some have never even tried, yet they continue to set up all 21 balls to play a full frame. It's mental.
    I've made a sheet for our club. Which challenges members to test their ability with the colours. Starting with the 6 colours. Then moving on to repeat it. Always counting their values in a break scenario, so that they can set and break their own personal best. Finally it asks those players and indeed the more skillful, to try to make 4 consecutive colour clearances. Which is a totall break value of 108.
    One night at the club I notice two chaps attempting to play a full frame. Yet neither one knew what the colours were worth. The poster I put up now has the colours value.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    Great video. I've noticed the same as the others. Most club players can't clear the colours. Some have never even tried, yet they continue to set up all 21 balls to play a full frame. It's mental.
    I've made a sheet for our club. Which challenges members to test their ability with the colours. Starting with the 6 colours. Then moving on to repeat it. Always counting their values in a break scenario, so that they can set and break their own personal best. Finally it asks those players and indeed the more skillful, to try to make 4 consecutive colour clearances. Which is a totall break value of 108.
    One night at the club I notice two chaps attempting to play a full frame. Yet neither one knew what the colours were worth. The poster I put up now has the colours value.
    That's a great idea inevermiss. Gives people some proper structure and goals to work towards.

This is TooDark's Country Flag

vCash

Great video....enough said
    *******************FINAL CUE SETUP*******************
    John Parris Special 1 Piece Ash Cue: 60 - 9.75mm - 19oz.
    ADR147 Medium Laminated Tip, Taom V.2 Chalk & John Parris Chalk Pouch.
    John Parris Long & Short Extendable Extensions plus 6 Mini Butt.
    Peradon Harlequin Leather Case & John Parris Cue Towel.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
    Great video....enough said
    Thank you!

This is JimMalone's Country Flag

vCash

Last year at the tournament at my home town I had the chance to talk to a few of the professionals and also asked them for their tips what would be the best training exercises for beginners as this was about the time, when I started to train solo from time to time. They immediately said the line-up, but cleaning the colours was the next exercise they mentioned. I told them, that when I was playing a friend, there was almost no frame in which any of the colours was still on its spot at the end of the frame, but they stated it was a good exercise nevertheless. They also told me that then I should start with a set-up of one last red with the colours (pot the red, then a colour, then clean the colours) and maybe go on to do this with two reds as well.

Recently I cleaned the colours for the first time, at my next training I did it again. I know this is nothing for most on here, but it was at least a tiny step for me ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast