Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are your snooker questions?

This is Shaxy's Country Flag

vCash

Hi there Steve.

I have just logged onto the site. I am looking for beyond what I have picked up from Barry Stark. What distance is ideal if the cue is on the correct line, should your hips be from the cue.

This is Dredd46's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Steve

I just wondered if you had any experience with the yips or cueitis via coaching or otherwise? I see a lot of coaches mentioning technique and not too much about the mental side.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ing-the-Turtle

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-Yippee-Ki-Yay

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    Hi Steve

I just wondered if you had any experience with the yips or cueitis via coaching or otherwise? I see a lot of coaches mentioning technique and not too much about the mental side.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ing-the-Turtle

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-Yippee-Ki-Yay
    Hi there.

I certainly have a few things I would try with a player that had the yips. There is a guy that plays in my club that has them and I have helped him quite a bit.

I think the problem is, because it's such a complex psychological issue, I really think you'd need to actually spend time with a person face to face and have a chat about things. I don't think there is one method that can work for all players. You'd need to find out specifically what is bothering a player, and then work out a plan to get them to hit the ball with freedom.

Sorry I can't be more help than that. I just think because it's such a personal thing, what would work for one person, wouldn't necessarily help another at all.
    Qualified WPBSA 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

This is bartito's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Steve,

Great initiative.

I play snooker for some years now. Participating in the local competition.
    What I'm still struggling with....finding centre ball.
    Also how to grip the cue properly....in most cases I think i do a decent job.
    However in stressfull situations....during matchplay or powershots I often totally mess up things.
    Any advice in that area is more then welcome.

This is Dredd46's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Hi there.

I certainly have a few things I would try with a player that had the yips. There is a guy that plays in my club that has them and I have helped him quite a bit.

I think the problem is, because it's such a complex psychological issue, I really think you'd need to actually spend time with a person face to face and have a chat about things. I don't think there is one method that can work for all players. You'd need to find out specifically what is bothering a player, and then work out a plan to get them to hit the ball with freedom.

Sorry I can't be more help than that. I just think because it's such a personal thing, what would work for one person, wouldn't necessarily help another at all.
    Makes sense Steve, thanks for taking the time to reply.

This is marriott's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Steve,
    Could you do a video on standard two cushion safety from a pack of reds back to baulk? Ie how you find the angle and judge pace etc as itís from a distance. Always seem to hit thick or thin yet Iím a regular century break player.
    Cheers and keep up the good work

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by marriott View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Could you do a video on standard two cushion safety from a pack of reds back to baulk? Ie how you find the angle and judge pace etc as it’s from a distance. Always seem to hit thick or thin yet I’m a regular century break player.
    Cheers and keep up the good work
    Yes, I will note that video down to make as well!

I have a few good suggestions now (and yours is another), so I'll make sure I get around to it.
    Qualified WPBSA 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2