Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are your snooker questions?

vCash

Default What are your snooker questions?

If you have a snooker question, or something you'd like an answer to, post it below. I'm trying to make more videos, so any suggestions people have, or things they would like advice about, post them, and I'll try and help!
    Qualified WPBSA 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

vCash

Hi Steve,

first of I like what you are doing, keep it up

question, do you vary more in where you hit the white (top to bottom, not side), or do you vary more in the power/speed u use for position.
    If that makes any sense... if it does maybe you could make a video on this subject.

regards
    matt

This is cole46's Country Flag

vCash

You did very well with the Les Edwards Snooker Challenge a few years ago. I think everyone enjoyed it. Perhaps you could put it onto youtube.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    Hi Steve,

first of I like what you are doing, keep it up

question, do you vary more in where you hit the white (top to bottom, not side), or do you vary more in the power/speed u use for position.
    If that makes any sense... if it does maybe you could make a video on this subject.

regards
    matt
    Thanks Matt. I will try and do something along those lines for you.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cole46 View Post
    You did very well with the Les Edwards Snooker Challenge a few years ago. I think everyone enjoyed it. Perhaps you could put it onto youtube.
    Yes this may be useful to go through a few of those exercises. Thanks!

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Will you or won't you get into side some time in the future knowing that you're going to take some flack from the transfer spin moonies
    I won't blame you if you pass on this one, if you do then light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Will you or won't you get into side some time in the future knowing that you're going to take some flack from the transfer spin moonies
    I won't blame you if you pass on this one, if you do then light the blue touch paper and stand well back.
    I'm sure I will make a video about side at some point in the future.

This is Vanwinkle's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    If you have a snooker question, or something you'd like an answer to, post it below. I'm trying to make more videos, so any suggestions people have, or things they would like advice about, post them, and I'll try and help!
    Hi. By way of background, I live in the US, am 68 years old, and do not play any cue sports in real life. I DO however love the game of snooker, and watch videos and as much live streaming as I can. I also play the game on-line (VP4), and it seems to be every bit as challenging as I would imagine a professional table to be.

I found your instructional video on running the colours to be most illuminating. The way you explained where you wanted to get, and why, and how, has made me see things more clearly as I play in my on-line world.

But you started out with the white in an ideal spot, and (being the gifted player you are), hardly got out of position until the end. Here is what I would like to see from you in future:

I would love a series on running the colors, with one video dedicated to each color. Because, lets face it, that first white may have been anywhere. And, I would surmise, when it is in different locations, getting to the green might entail a different strategy. Maybe you’d be aiming for a different spot on the table, putting the green into a different pocket, going off a cushion (or not), etc. If you were to place the white in several spots, and explain the options as you did in your video, it would be most helpful. To me, at least.

Another video for green to brown scenarios, etc. through to the black.

That’s my input. Keep up the good work, I’ll watch anything you post!

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
    I would love a series on running the colors, with one video dedicated to each color. Because, lets face it, that first white may have been anywhere. And, I would surmise, when it is in different locations, getting to the green might entail a different strategy. Maybe you’d be aiming for a different spot on the table, putting the green into a different pocket, going off a cushion (or not), etc. If you were to place the white in several spots, and explain the options as you did in your video, it would be most helpful. To me, at least.
    I recall such a series done by j6uk some time ago doing just this (only got to the Blue I think?)
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
    Hi. By way of background, I live in the US, am 68 years old, and do not play any cue sports in real life. I DO however love the game of snooker, and watch videos and as much live streaming as I can. I also play the game on-line (VP4), and it seems to be every bit as challenging as I would imagine a professional table to be.

I found your instructional video on running the colours to be most illuminating. The way you explained where you wanted to get, and why, and how, has made me see things more clearly as I play in my on-line world.

But you started out with the white in an ideal spot, and (being the gifted player you are), hardly got out of position until the end. Here is what I would like to see from you in future:

Another video for green to brown scenarios, etc. through to the black.

That’s my input. Keep up the good work, I’ll watch anything you post!
    Thanks very much! I think these suggestions are a good idea.

Make sure you subscribe to the channel for updates!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast