Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free ball nomination

This is guernseygooner's Country Flag

vCash

Default Free ball nomination

In a foul and free ball scenario do you have to nominate the ball you are going for even if obvious?

Had a quick look at the rules but can't see anything obvious about it

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Sec 2.12 Nominated Ball
    (a) A nominated ball is the object ball which the striker declares, or indicates to the satisfaction of the referee,

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Last edited by DeanH; 12th September 2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Thanks Dean. The reason I asked was there have been incidents in local stuff recently where in a no ref situation, the opponent has called a foul afte

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

This is the scenario mentioned earlier
    Up the TSF!

This is Nifty50's Country Flag

vCash

Mate of mine has a habit of saying "what ball are you going for" when I'm on my back swing. Really annoying.

vCash

At present the rules only require the striker to verbally declare what ball he is on (a) if asked to do so by the referee and (b) if snookered. In all

vCash

Thanks all, that clears it up

vCash

On a related issue. If I am snookered on the last red and a free ball has been awarded can I nominate the colour that is obstructing the red and play

vCash

vCash

So it would be a foul only if I nominated the brown as a plant shot onto the red but, accidentally, miscued and then missed the brown and came off the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast