Thread: Coach to help with sighting/alignment

This is cueless's Country Flag

vCash

Default Coach to help with sighting/alignment

Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer some advice regarding some coaching.

I had a session booked in with Stephen Feeny but Iím a golf coach and working on a few training aid so he didnít feel comfortable going ahead with the lesson?

He wouldnít even recommend anyone else either so its left me not knowing where to try next.

I am looking for some specific help regarding sighting hence why I tried Stephen Feeny first.

I have tried researching the subject myself but not having much luck.

No matter where I position my eyes over a correctly aligned cue it looks awful. (long straight bluse looks 3/4 ball at best)

The only way I can find that looks correct is to set up left handed but unfortunately, Iím right handed.

Any advice or coach recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Richard

vCash

Hi Richard. I'm am based in Willenhall, West Midlands.

I don't know where you are based, but have a look at my website and send me an email if you are anywhere local. I would be happy to help.

www.bartonsnooker.co.uk
    Qualified WPBSA 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

vCash

Nic Barrow mate - best in the business if you ask me. I've had two half day sessions with him this year.

This is cueless's Country Flag

vCash

Hi,

I tried Nic but he couldn't help, thanks anyway.

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by soultrader View Post
    Nic Barrow mate - best in the business if you ask me. I've had two half day sessions with him this year.
    i have had coaching with Nic Barrow and we are in constant contact. i have been arguing the fact that i have a sighting issue and find it difficult to pick the line of aim. his reply to me was that no one can tell you how to aim or sight. its learned.
    everyone sights and aims different and those who do it well are doing it on instinct and their own experiences over the years of playing and practice.

This is alabadi's Country Flag

vCash
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by cueless View Post
    Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer some advice regarding some coaching.

I had a session booked in with Stephen Feeny but I’m a golf coach and working on a few training aid so he didn’t feel comfortable going ahead with the lesson?

He wouldn’t even recommend anyone else either so its left me not knowing where to try next.

I am looking for some specific help regarding sighting hence why I tried Stephen Feeny first.

I have tried researching the subject myself but not having much luck.

No matter where I position my eyes over a correctly aligned cue it looks awful. (long straight bluse looks 3/4 ball at best)

The only way I can find that looks correct is to set up left handed but unfortunately, I’m right handed.

Any advice or coach recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Richard
    i've been to stephen feeny too only to confirm where my center vision is. as long as you know what that is, then you need to train your brain to accept it even if it looks wrong.
    i have this issue when i am on a straight shot it looks as though i am aiming to the right of the OB. this makes me cue across the cueball , almost like subconsciously trying to cure an error.

i'm afraid as everything in life there isn't a quick fix, its a process of trial and error and just keep repeating with good technique until it becomes second nature.
    i'm at the start of my journey and have a long way to go yet

This is chrisg's Country Flag

vCash

I'm currently reviewing a training aid that might help for this - I saw it on ebay and the guy very kindly said I could review it for SnookerZone. It was delivered all the way from Australia and I'm quite impressed with it initially. I haven't tested it out on the snooker table yet but it's a simple way to test your sighting in my view and you don't need a snooker table to use it as it goes.

Review will be coming soon!
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2