Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grip fustration

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    One bit of alternative advice Jim. It's fine trying this stuff in solo practice but very bad trying to take it to a game or match. Next time you play a mate or a match try to think of nothing else other than winning, when you line up each shot visualise it going in the pocket, if thoughts creep in about grip just start singing your favourite song in your head to forget it and carry on simply trying to deliver the cue smoothly.

If you think technical thoughts during a game your body will get more tense and delivering the cue smoothly will be more difficult.

The point being that your practice brain has learned something but your match brain needs to use it pretty much subconsciously without laboured thought on each shot.
    Excellent advice and beyond SE Essex But I cold be pedantic re Matchplay and thinking of stance, grip, feet position - basically you're fooked if it goes there - just focus on the pot......

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

Excellent advice and beyond SE Essex But I cold be pedantic re Matchplay and thinking of stance, grip, feet position - basically you're fooked if it goes there - just focus on the pot......
    I know! It's rarer than normality in Royston Vasey!
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

This is GavinYorkSnookerCoach's Country Flag

vCash

The more natural a grip is the more consistent it will be. If you practice moving the cue forwards and backwards and concentrate on keeping it online your grip will naturally evolve. If you try and grip the cue in a certain way and it looks great but you are pulling the cue off line then it's pointless. I'd suggest cueing along the baulk line and concentrate on letting the hand do what it needs to do to keep the cue straight as that is the most important point. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2