Thread: New website, YouTube channel and coaching packages

This is GavinYorkSnookerCoach's Country Flag

vCash

Default New website, YouTube channel and coaching packages

Hello everyone! I used to be a regular on here but I started to run out of time and stopped using the forum. However after coaching for over 10 years on a part-time basis I have now decided to take my coaching seriously and go full time. The good thing is that means I have a good excuse to come on here and help people with their snooker and learn from other like minded people. I have set up a new website and YouTube channel. I have a few new packages aimed at all types of players. I have also started to coach using video analysis. If you do not live near a qualified coach then perhaps it may be worth sending me a video of your technique. I charge 95 for an analysis and you will receive tips and hints on how to improve your game as well as a written review of how you can improve. Please take a look at my website www.snookercoaching.net and my YouTube channel is Gavin York Snooker Coaching. Thanks to everyone for listening and I look forward to helping people and learning more as I go along!!!!

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Default New website, YouTube channel and coaching packages

hi Gavin
    welcome back
    did I read some time ago that you were out in China, how did that go?
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Yes. Spent a year in China in Tianjin close to Beijing in 2014/15. Worked as a coach at the academy where Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong played before turning professional. I also had the privilege of training up all the new WPBSA coaches in China. Great experience. Loved it out there!!

This is tomwalker147's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Gavin,

Where abouts are you based nowadays? I'm possibly looking for a few sessions in the new year.
    I've made century breaks and taken frames off professionals/top amateurs but there's something missing on the heavy scoring front... I think with concentration more so than technique.

Cheers
    Tom
    "just tap it in"

vCash

Hello Tom. I'm based in Northampton in the east Midlands. Is that anywhere near you? We could always do a day together every month or so if you are quite far away. Have you had coaching before?

This is tomwalker147's Country Flag

vCash

Hi Gavin,

I'm only in Nuneaton near Coventry. You're not too far away at all then! I'll pick up in the new year with you but maybe something every month/6 weeks would suffice.

I had some coaching with a chap called Ray in Gloucester 4/5 years ago, only a couple of sessions. I didn't change much technique wise apart from to make the number of feathers consistent. He admitted he didn't really know what to do with
    me apart from that. Slightly annoying but I basically didn't miss a ball at either session and he possibly thought I was better than I am.. Interestingly enough on that day Terry Griffiths was on the table next to me coaching Barry Hawkins and watched me play for a little while and said I was hitting the ball well! I then had 4 frames with Rob Milkins and won one which I was chuffed with!

Could you pop me an email (tommyw1990@icloud.com) mate with your rates/suggestions for coaching? I'm probably playing my best snooker for a long time and want to build on that. Not expecting to go on another level just want to add more consistency.

Cheers
    Tom
    "just tap it in"