Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Body Sway

vCash

did you have a session with Mr bond? did you know the great terry does sessions in Wales?

This is chrisg's Country Flag

vCash

How wide is your stance? Could it be that you're not standing wide enough to have a comfortable position on the shot? Dennis Taylor in commentary on the Noppon Saegkham v Mark Williams match the other day was saying how having a wider stance and less square on was a solid stance to have. Maybe you need to adopt something similar.

If it is the stance. then imagine if someone was trying to push you over? Would they be able to? That's what a solid stance should offer you! Stability and comfort...
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Stance gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, if you start changing your stance because someone told you it might be too narrow then your game could nosedive, be carefull.
    Most people hold their breathe when down in the stance, it's a subconscious thing and really helps keep the body still, after all you don't need your chest contact (if you have one) rising and falling as you breathe. If you're swaying a tad when down then maybe you don't and maybe you should.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Stance gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, if you start changing your stance because someone told you it might be too narrow then your game could nosedive, be carefull.
    Most people hold their breathe when down in the stance, it's a subconscious thing and really helps keep the body still, after all you don't need your chest contact (if you have one) rising and falling as you breathe. If you're swaying a tad when down then maybe you don't and maybe you should.
    Yep to that, especially the nose-diving. The only interesting info I read\heard was Nic B going on about (if right handed) the left foot controlling the left shoulder and cramping\freeing the cue action.

Film yourself on phone or similar..................

This is chrisg's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I've adopted a wider stance as I found a too narrow one was making me pull cue off line and off balance. Found it helped keep body still much better as well, I said this might be the cause not definite...Little things...
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

This is Greengo's Country Flag

vCash

I was an Army cadet 1977-1982 and attained marksman. To do this you slowed your breathing for minimal movement to aim, and held breath on moment of fire. I used this technique playing league snooker, and although I was never a great player, I won more than I lost. If you sway on a shot then your triangle (hand and feet) is too narrow. If your head sways then you can use your bicep/jaw - cue/chin contact to correct this.
    Cue Crafty is spot on re boxer's stance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2