Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Body Sway

vCash

Default Body Sway

Hi guys and gals im looking for some advice!

When im down on a shot and I take my shot people have said that my body is moving a lot like its swaying. I personally don't notice it but im getting breaks of 30 - 40 kinda regular but im wondering what would I play like if I didn't have the body sway and managed to keep still when taking my shot.
    Well my question is how can I remedy this?

P.s. im thinking of paying 200 to have a coaching session with nigel bond in sheffield at some point early next year to try and get the kinks out of my game but thought I would ask you guys and gals first so I can try and work on it before hand.
    Simon Whitehead
    www.snookermaniacs.webs.com
    My snooker blog looking at the life of my snooker dream

vCash

Try emailing\tweeting etc Mark Selby

This is vmax's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Whitehead View Post

When im down on a shot and I take my shot people have said that my body is moving a lot like its swaying. I personally don't notice it but im getting breaks of 30 - 40 kinda regular but im wondering what would I play like if I didn't have the body sway and managed to keep still when taking my shot.

P.s. im thinking of paying 200 to have a coaching session with nigel bond in sheffield at some point early next year to try and get the kinks out of my game but thought I would ask you guys and gals first so I can try and work on it before hand.
    Why pay 200 for someone to spot something you already know about ?
    To stop the swaying try taking a deep breath and hold it in when down on the shot, this tightens your body core without affecting your arm but if you're a very slow player you may pass out a few times
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

This is Cue crafty's Country Flag

vCash

Swaying can often be caused by a narrow stance. You need a solid base, be it a boxer stance or standing square on.
    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

vCash

Lucky im a quick player! Im not paying 200 quid for somebody to show me something i already know its for general snooker techniques

vCash

Lucky im a quick player! Im not paying 200 quid for somebody to show me something i already know its for general snooker techniques
    Hi there. Yes, it's a good idea to let somebody have a look at your technique. It could be caused by an number of things. So getting set up correctly and knowing your technique is right, is a very good starting point.

And don't hold your breath on the shot.
    Qualified WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    To stop the swaying try taking a deep breath and hold it in when down on the shot, this tightens your body core without affecting your arm but if you're a very slow player you may pass out a few times

Surely a few breaths are OK, but having a peg on the nose and closing mouth for last feather and shot would work?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

Surely a few breaths are OK, but having a peg on the nose and closing mouth for last feather and shot would work?
    No wonder he's swaying on the shot... The peg is upsetting his balance!
    Qualified WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    No wonder he's swaying on the shot... The peg is upsetting his balance!
    Maybe some very heavy ear-rings etc may help?

Being a little serious: this is more likely to be mental than physical, imho.

vCash

how tight is the cue to your chest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast